Quicken Locks up During Sync

Options
Widetrack
Widetrack Member ✭✭
When I attempt to sync Quicken or sync during shut down, the sync process starts, runs for a few minutes and then freezes. I then have to close Quicken using Windows Task Manager.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

• Widetrack
    Widetrack Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I tried Reset Sync and it made it through "Erasing Cloud Data" and started to sync. It went through a few sync steps and locked up on "Renaming Rules". I tried a second time and it locked up on "Transactions".
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• Widetrack
    Widetrack Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I'll contact support.
  • Widetrack
    Widetrack Member ✭✭
    Options
    Played around with it this morning and got an error code:
    "Error communicating with server (HTTP-306). Try again later."

Not sure if this provides a better hint at what the problem might be.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Widetrack

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your sync. I'm wondering if you mighty not be connecting to the server properly with the error you're getting. One thing we can attempt here real quick is to see if we might be able to fix the issue by signing in and out. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.