Getting "Login Sync Error" with Wells Fargo since 6.2.1 (Q Mac)
1. Account Setting > Download > Reset Connection
2. Account Setting > Download > Disconnect Account, and then re-setup my accounts
3. Sign out from Quicken, re-login, and try sync again.
None of the above methods works. Wells Fargo is the only institution giving me problems.
Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Wells Fargo. I'm wondering here if we may not be connecting properly to the servers and that's why we might be getting these errors To start off here lets see if we might be able to fix the issue by signing out and signing back into the program.
You should be able to do so by going across the top and selecting Quicken > Sign out. From there you'll want to sign back into your Quicken account.
Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find. If you're still having update issues we'll see what we can try next.
I already tried that0
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
If you haven't already, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
- Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
- Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
- Click on the Downloads tab
- Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
- Quit Quicken
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
- On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
- Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
- Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
- Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated
- At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
- Wait for the list to finish updating and " Updated: " displays the current date.
- Click the Show List button to continue
- Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
- Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
- If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
Unfortunately the issue persists0
Thanks for the update. With the issue you're having it may be best to troubleshoot with a support rep to see if we can figure out what exactly is happening. As such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to collect logs if needed to figure out what exactly is causing the error. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.
Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.