Chase and Citi credit cards loosing password after updating

Recently My Chase and Citi bank credit cards keep requiring me to reestablish re-connection with my account by selecting fix, and then entering my account user and password information. After I provide the proper data, quicken will be properly connect and update with no problems or errors. If I update my online bill payments again, quickens will again require me to establish connection with the online’s payee user and password information to properly update again. Why does this happen? This never happened before. I have been using Quicken Premier edition with windows 11. How can I fix this problem. Otherwise everything else works great.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mdeehl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    I signed out and back in as suggested yesterday. Today Citibank again required me to provide my email and password. Nothing changed but now after following your instructions my Discover card now has a connectivity error and after swiping left to fix my new problem I must enter my Credentials to fix the error is what quicken web-access error. When I provide my login and password to try to fix my Discover Card it will not fix the problem. The same problem still remains. So in addition to CitiBank card requiring me to login each time I update and now my Web Access to quickens has a problem with Discover Card. Any suggestions?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @mdeehl Thanks for the update and additional information.

Next, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for trying to help me. However after a couple of days after singing out as a different user I have discovered I have a much bigger new problem that I have never seen before. After updating transactions and accepting the new transactions and save. The reconciling option occurs there is nothing to select to save as reconciled. The newly added transaction is still in the cleared status but not reconciled. This same issue occurs on any other account I have in my quickens premier edition with Windows. This is very strange. So I restored a backup on the day before I signed out as a different user in quicken user account. This did not help and the same problem still exists with respect to the new reconciling of my account balance after accepting the newly added downloaded transactions and the transactions are in the cleared status not reconciled. Also if I select reconcile there is nothing to check off even though the transaction is there and still in cleared status. This is really bad! I know this is not what you or I could ever expect to happen it’s still catastrophic for me. Any ideas? I am sure the only problem I was having was my CitiBank credit card account was losing the saved password and all I had to do was provide the user and password and everything worked perfectly.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mdeehl

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Since you're experiencing a number of issues, we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. This will allow us to go over all the issue and screenshare as well if necessary to view what's going  I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.