Why not have a placeholder?

Everyday I go through and read the posts for that day. Sometimes I'll find one on page 4, open it read it and maybe save it. Then when I hit the back arrow it takes me back to page one, and I have to page through to get back where I was. Why doesn't it just go back to the last opened page instead of all the way back to the most current post where I must move ahead to where I was?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I remember having this problem in the past, but I haven't had the problem in quite some time.  I use MS Edge.  But I have had times where I jump down a rabbit hole from link to link and using the back button doesn't get me back to where I want (at least not quick enough).  So basically what I do is whenever I'm going to start going down a link like that, instead of clicking on it, I right click an open it in another tab.  That way I never lose exactly were I am.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    The lowest level categories in the forum have RSS feeds attached to them.  I set up a RSS reader in a browser for those categories that I am interested (generally Q-Win).  The reader shows me every new post in those categories.  If I comment on a post, I have it setup to send me an email, so I get stuff two ways, but the RSS feeds allow me to see the title and the text body, if I'm interested in it, I click on it and it opens in a browser window, if not, I delete it.
    You might look into using the RSS feeds and forgo having to scroll thru the new stuff and have the issue you have with the forum's design.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works ok for me.  On my iPad the back arrow takes me back to the page 4 listing not to page 1. And I think it works right on my Windows computers.  It might start over it you opened a post from doing a search.  Or where are you starting from?  I use this bookmark  https://community.quicken.com/discussions

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    No search, just start at latest post continue through to the older ones, find one, read it, then hit back arrow when finished reading that one, then try to go back where I was when I read it, but end up back on the latest post on page 1. No Biggy just inconvenient. thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I remember having this problem in the past, but I haven't had the problem in quite some time.  I use MS Edge.  But I have had times where I jump down a rabbit hole from link to link and using the back button doesn't get me back to where I want (at least not quick enough).  So basically what I do is whenever I'm going to start going down a link like that, instead of clicking on it, I right click an open it in another tab.  That way I never lose exactly were I am.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.