Quicken Win 34.24 Reports and Graphs a mess

garysmith87
garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Customize Spending by Category report/graph:

1 Report customization: Accounts > Show hidden accounts is unchecked....hidden accounts still show in the list. Checking or unchecking has no effect on hidden accounts showing in the list.

2 Graph customization: Accounts...ALL accounts show in the graph regardless of checked accounts selected or not. I checked ONE account...and yet ALL my accounts still show transactions by category.

I did NOT check any other report/graph customizations to see if this is a problem with more reports.

BTW, I rolled back to R34.19 and #2 does not happen (graph has the correct transactions from the correct selected account), but #1 still is a problem (show hidden accounts doesn't filter the list to only non-hidden accounts).

Anyone else have this issue ?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) That's right, "Show hidden accounts" is really "Show Separate accounts." This has been the case for several years, maybe since Quicken introduced the concept of separate accounts. 

2) Which graph are you seeing this with? Start with one of the stock reports, not one you have previously saved. In the Spending by Category and Income and Expense graphs, the accounts appear to honor the selections.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    The accounts hidden in the report's customization account list should be the account's that have been set to Keep this Account Separate

I am not able to reproduce the second issue you described on R34.24.

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1 I changed all my "hidden" accounts and marked them "separate" as well in the Display Options under Account. That removed them from the report customization lists with the unchecked "Show hidden accounts". Basically, Quicken should change this dialogue to "Show separate accounts". "Show hidden accounts" is misleading.

2 I re-installed R34.24 over R34.19 and the reports and graphs now coincide correctly. Just wow (shaking my head in disbelief). Can't believe Quicken's original faulty install.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    1) That's right, "Show hidden accounts" is really "Show Separate accounts." This has been the case for several years, maybe since Quicken introduced the concept of separate accounts. 

Then they should change the text on that option, it is ridiculous that changed the functionality without changing the text of the option the user selects!
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you would like to see a change in this area, please comment and vote on this Idea post
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890986/improve-handling-of-hidden-accounts-in-dropdown-lists-and-selection-dialogs
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record, I seldom use these, in fact I think about the only time I have used them is when testing for someone else.  But my point was simple, not a change in functionality, it was simply that the labeling should be consistent with the functionality.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.