Can I move my subscription from MAC to WIN

I am considering replacing my Mac with a Win 10 machine. Can I just download and go with my current subscription, will the data just keep on without issues, and will there be any cost?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @CriagS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You can use your current subscription to install Quicken for Windows through this link or by signing in to your My Account page on our website.

For instructions on how to convert from Quicken for Mac to Quicken for Windows, please refer to this support article under the section titled Windows Conversion, and open the 2nd blue dropdown section titled Convert from Quicken for Mac to Quicken for Windows.

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is important to point out this limitation:

In other words Quicken Windows' QXF import doesn't import investment transactions.
    Also note that other data like saved reports, budgets, ... aren't transferred (the same limitations for if you did a QXF export/import on Quicken Mac, plus the limitation of the investment transactions).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CriagS
    CriagS Member
    Thanks, seems sad that the investment transaction data won’t move, but that isn’t a show stopper. I appreciate your responses!
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    CriagS said:
    I am considering replacing my Mac with a Win 10 machine. Can I just download and go with my current subscription, will the data just keep on without issues, and will there be any cost?
    Hi @"CriagS ,

There is no cost from going from Quicken Mac to Windows. Your current subscription covers operating Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac at the same time. You have bought Membership not the program.

However, as @"
    "Quicken Anja" points out, you need to convert your Quicken Mac Data File to Quicken for Windows file file.

I would run both computers at the same time. Don't get rid of your Mac Computer, until you are happy with the Windows Computer.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754