Anyone else noticing that a penny ($.01) is being dropped on memorized payee amounts

Options
HeisleyRay
HeisleyRay Member ✭✭
I've updated the memorized payee list several times. But, when entering the name for the payee the amount is always one cent ($.01) less.

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Have you clicked OK when you edit the amount. Also, try making sure the box is checked for "Lock and leave the payee unchanged when it is edited in a register" and see if that helps
  • HeisleyRay
    HeisleyRay Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've hit OK in the past. Didn't know that lock was an option. The system doesn't default with that column only "show on calendar" I'll have to see if that fixes things. Thx!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "Lock" column in the Memorized Payee List is an optional column. Click the Options button to add the column to the view.
    When editing each MPL entry, the "Lock ..." field is also available individually.
    Locking an entry makes for a good generic entry that can be reused as needed without any changes you make to the new transaction changing the MPL entry itself.
    Are you, per chance, having issues with MPL entries defined to calculate percent split category entries (e.g., Fuel and Sales Tax)?
  • HeisleyRay
    HeisleyRay Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yep I did add the column when I looked and saw it was optional. Not having any issue with percent split categories to my knowledge.
  • MarkM
    MarkM Member
    Options
    March 2022, and I'm having this issue. Quicken changed something. I've used for decades and this is a new issue. Not users, it's a program change issue
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @MarkM,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in August of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.