Difficulty updating bank and brokerage accounts

For about two weeks, I have had difficulty connecting to my banks when I do a one step update or attempt to update individually. Problems are with Wells Fargo, Schwab, and Morgan Stanley. One Step update often results in updating quotes only. Several attempts are required to update Wells Fargo, Schwab and Morgan Stanley individually. In each case, I am finally able to connect and update the accounts, but the first several attempts result in an error message, "unable to establish an internet connection". I have reached out to tech support at Dell, consulted my internet provider, and McAfee, with no issues identified. I am using Quicken Deluxe version R35.26, Build 27.1.35.26. This started about 2 weeks ago. I called Quicken support with no luck. Anyone else having the problem? Suggestions? I have been using Quicken for over 25 years.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @NavyEd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message you are receiving, do you also happen to receive any specific error code(s) associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NavyEd
    NavyEd Member
    When I click on "one step update", for the last few days, I don't see each individual account connect and then download transactions. instead it updates investment quotes and closes, indicating each account was update; but they weren't with the exception of Barclay, which has not been resolved. It won't allow me to do a second one step update, I have to go into each account individually and update. When I update Wells Fargo (checking), Schwab (brokerage acct) and Morgan Stanley (IRA). I get the error and after trying several more times it eventually connects. Very tedious, though. For some reason, it seems to immediately fail to make a connection and terminates the effort. The error message each time states "unable to establish an internet connection". I believe there is a code, but I have not noted it. When I update again this evening, I will take note of it. Thanks for responding.
  • chafra
    chafra Member
    I, too have the same problem. I have had Quicken for many years. It looks like it it updating accounts but doesn't. This has only been happening for about 2 weeks also.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

Check Internet Explorer settings
    Quicken uses functions and settings of Internet Explorer, even if you normally use another browser for your daily activities, so it must be configured properly.  Please verify the settings.

Go into Control Panel / Internet Options
    or
    Start Internet Explorer. Click on Tools / Internet options.

Click the Advanced tab.
    Ensure that all "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2" have checkmarks.
    Uncheck all "Use SSL x.x"
    Click the Contents tab and click the "Clear SSL state" button.
    Click Apply, then OK.
    Close IE.
    Close and restart Quicken and see what happens.