Processing, In transit, Delivery, Delivered

What do the above Bill Manager messages mean wrt Quicken Bill Manager making authorized payments from my account to payees? I authorized a payment on the 1st of the month, for example, but I note that the check Quicken Bill Manager sent was dated the 7th. Why the 6 day delay in issuin payment? Why do bills take over 16 days to get delivered, and what do the "Processing," "In Transit," "Delivery," and "Delivered " tags next to the payment amounts really mean? Can anyone explain? The Bill Manager service is way too slow.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @David Sherr,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and ask your question.

"Processing" means the payment information has been sent to the bank in order to send the payment. "In Transit" means that the check has been sent and is in the mail, on its way to the payee. "Delivery" means it is being delivered to the payee, and "Delivered" means that the payee has received the check.

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• David Sherr
    David Sherr Member ✭✭
    Yes Thanks Anja for clarifying those points. It still is taking an inordinate amount of time for Quicken to issue a check and get it to the Post Office for delivery. I authorize a check on the 1st, but Quicken does not process it to the Post Office for 6 days, as shown by the issue date on the check. Why the 6 day delay? If mail delivery takes 3 to 5 days, why does it take over 16 days to deliver a bill to payees? So many people are concerned about Quicken's slow delivery times. Why hasn't Quicken fixed this?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    "Processing" means the payment information has been sent to the bank in order to send the payment. "In Transit" means that the check has been sent and is in the mail, on its way to the payee. "Delivery" means it is being delivered to the payee, and "Delivered" means that the payee has received the check.
    @Quicken Anja If the checks are sent by US postal mail, how does Quicken's service provider have any idea know when the mail is delivered to the payee? Is each check is sent via registered mail and individually tracked? Without that, it would seem they couldn't know.

Also, what's the difference between "being delivered to the payee" and "payee has received the check"? How do they know when the check is "being delivered", and what does that mean? It's reached the local post office? It's scheduled for delivery today? 

It would be helpful to know if these are just estimates based on when the check was mailed (which the payment vendor would know), or if the mail is tracked and this is actual verified delivery data. Could you check into that and post back here to clarify this?

The good other question David asks is why there is a 5-6 day difference between the date the payment was authorized and the date the check is placed in the mail. What is the service standard for Quicken has with its payment vendor for the amount of time from payment request to mailing? Is 6 days within the standard or not? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • David Sherr
    David Sherr Member ✭✭
    I don't know the exact date the check was placed in the mail by Quicken Bill Manager. What I do know is that I authorized payment with Quicken Bill Manager to a payee, on the 1st of the month. When I looked at the check that was issued by Quicken on my bank statement photocopy, the check I authorized on the 1st was dated on the 7th of the month by Quicken Bill Pay. Therefore there was a 6 day delay between the time I authorized the payment to the payee, and the issuance of a check to said payee by Quicken. This delay is typical of all the payments I review from Quicken.

Why the 6 day delays to issue the checks? And when were the checks delivered to the post office after the 6 day delays? The post office may take 3 days to a week to deliver mail, but the 6 day delays by Quicken Bill Manager further delays the deliveries to the payees.

Quicken: Stop blaming the post office for your slow service!
This discussion has been closed.