Citi credit card cc-929

Ted106
Ted106 Member ✭✭
Ever since I had to create a new Quicken credit card account due to a fraud issue with the old credit card, I have been unable to connect new Quicken credit card account to Citibank. The new Quicken account does not save any username or password credentials. As usual, Citibank is pointing the finger at Quicken.

Answers

• Hello @Ted106,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-929.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    It should be noted that when a new card (with a new account number) is replacing a different card number Quicken will not automatically add the new card account to Quicken when running OSU.  You will need to go through one of 2 processes to get the new card account set up in Quicken:
    1. If you want to simply replace the card account number in the current Quicken credit card account with the new account number:  Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General tab > remove all Financial Institution information in the upper right quadrant > Online Services tab > Set Up Now > follow the prompts and make sure the download is linked to the current account in Quicken.  Doing it this way will simply reassign the account in Quicken from the old card number to the new card number so you have a transparent conversion.  I generally prefer doing it this way because I like the continuity.
    2. If you want to set up a new account in Quicken for the new credit card:  Use Add Account to set it up.
    Also, are you trying to connect with the Citibank link or with the Citi Cards link?  Using the Citibank link for Citi credit cards can only be set up for Express Web Connect (EWC) connections and it seems to be fairly problematic.  The Citi Cards link can be used to set up Direct Connect (DC) connections...using the Advanced Options link during set up...which is a superior connection (more reliable and much faster OSU updates). 
    FYI:  Some Citi retail credit cards (such as, Sears MC) have their own unique setup links so the Citi Cards setup option might not work for those if they cannot be linked to your online Citi.com account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.