Net Worth bug - Dashboard Custom View

Options
There is a bug in the Net Worth Graph (and report) when stored/generated from the Classic Dashboard Net Worth view.

I have seen other posts recently about the Net Worth Graph/Report being incorrect.  Here is how I can replicate it and what I found.

I have a custom dashboard view with the Net Worth graph on it.  From time to time with new accounts and such I'll click the customize and make sure everything (all accounts, securities, etc.) are selected.  This time my Networth on the graph/report was about 4x what it should be.

Here is how I can replicate the bug.  I remove the Net Worth widget from my custom view and save.  I customize the view and add Net Worth back.  At this point the net worth and chart are correct.  I click the gear to "customize this graph" and then I don't change anything, I just click the Categories tab and then click OK and viola my networth graph is now about 4x what it should be.

If I click Show Net Worth Summary Report here is what I see.
  • 2 of my checking accounts (1 closed, 1 open) have huge negative balances to the tune of -33,000 and -66,000)
  • 1 account under "Oher Assets" is showing a balance of 3,500 when the balance is actually 0.  This is also a closed account.
  • My investment accounts (almost all of them) have balances extremely higher than they actually are in the register (1 of them is 37x higher than it should be according to the current register, many of these are closed but are showing balances, 
  • Credit card accounts.  4 closed accounts are showing negative balances.
I have repaired/validated the file.  The Net Worth (at the bottom of the left side bar is correct.  The Net Worth report run directly from Reports does not seem to have this problem.  That said, when you have a widget on your dashboard it needs to be correct because there is never a need to look at the actual report from the Reports area when it can be accessed from the dashboard widget.

Hoping this is a quick fix.

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can confirm what  you are seeing.  When the Net worth widget is added to the custom view  it is correct.  If the customize button is then activated the graph changes drastically upon returning to the chart.  In my case it cuts my net worth by 2/3.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @K.O. (Win-Premier) & @Bob_L,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I attempted to replicate this issue but was not able to do so. However, if you don't mind, could you please provide screenshots of this issue so I can go ahead and submit a bug report for this to our Development team?

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach screenshots. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The data may appear strange as these shots are from a test file with data from a 2010 Quicken Demo file.  I added the widget to a new custom view and took the first screenshot.  Second shot is to show that I then opened the customize this graph option to the tab categories, but changed nothing.  Third shot shows how data changed and no longer matches the left account bar.

HTH

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @Bob_L Thank you for providing those screenshots.

I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (CTP-2705)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• K.O. (Win-Premier)
    K.O. (Win-Premier) Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was going to provide the same this weekend but will hold off now that a bug report has been submitted.  On my end I would have the exact same screenshots except my chart goes way higher than the Net Worth in the Accounts sidebar.
  • John W. Taylor
    Options
    I agree, the net worth summary does not tie to the net worth total in the account listing pane. I recently reported a problem with the Projected Balances view that the Quicken team confirmed is a bug. It appears there may be a buggy pattern developing with views included in the Main View.
This discussion has been closed.