Export data with Ticker Symbol, purchase date and purchase price

Options
Hi I am trying to do something that I think is simple but have been unable to figure out how to do it. I just want to have an export from quicken that tells me the purchase date and purchase price of a security. I tried the portfolio view group by accounts and can see the+ sign to show me this information but don't see a way to export.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Portfolio View, having set up the view as you want to see it for exporting, press {Ctrl}-P and select "Export to" "Tab delimited (Excel compatible) disk file" and click "Export."
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or even better in the Export options pick the .PRN option. Despite its name, this produces a CSV formatted file and if you give the file a CSV extension you can open it directly in Excel.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Wanderer
    Wanderer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to @Jim_Harman and @"Tom Young" for your expertise. Much appreciated.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Or even better in the Export options pick the .PRN option. Despite its name, this produces a CSV formatted file and if you give the file a CSV extension you can open it directly in Excel.
    Quicken's .PRN implementation has been shown not to be compliant to CSV format: How to print the contents of an account?

It is safer to use Quicken's Tab delimited (Excel compatible) disk file.