Currently running Quicken for Mac 2007 on old Mac running OSX 10.6.8 and looking to buy a new Mac

I have many years of financial records (that I don't want to lose) on my current version of Quicken but my computer is in sad need of updating. From what I am reading, it will be possible for me to migrate my Quicken data to a new Macintosh computer running Big Sur by buying a new subscription to Quicken and converting my financial data. Or am I missing something?

PS I am in Australia if that makes any difference.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Silabar

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. It is possible to convert your current information over to the newest Quicken version. Any of the new Macs should work great as well as they will all run the newest version of Quicken. With you being in Australia and a manual user I would recommend getting the deluxe version of the program so that if you do not renew your subscription you can continue using the program manually. You will receive renewal banners if you do not renew but you can continue using the program as you were. 

Transferring over your information is also straightforward as well.  You can choose to transfer your file or a recent backup onto a flash drive or cloud however you'd like. When you start Quicken for Mac it'll ask if you have an existing file you'd like to open that should let us convert the 2007 file. 

If you have any questions about the process please let us know and we'll clear up any confusion.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Silabar

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. It is possible to convert your current information over to the newest Quicken version. Any of the new Macs should work great as well as they will all run the newest version of Quicken. With you being in Australia and a manual user I would recommend getting the deluxe version of the program so that if you do not renew your subscription you can continue using the program manually. You will receive renewal banners if you do not renew but you can continue using the program as you were. 

Transferring over your information is also straightforward as well.  You can choose to transfer your file or a recent backup onto a flash drive or cloud however you'd like. When you start Quicken for Mac it'll ask if you have an existing file you'd like to open that should let us convert the 2007 file. 

If you have any questions about the process please let us know and we'll clear up any confusion.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Silabar
    Silabar Member
    Thanks for your prompt reply Francisco. With that assurance I will now go ahead and buy a new computer. You may well hear from me again in the not-too-far-distant future when I start trying to transfer my data. Your advice regarding the Deluxe subscription is received and understood.
    Cheers
    Silabar