Is it possible to "hide" joint accounts Quicken finds during Account Update downloads?

A J
A J Member ✭✭
I have had accounts with Park Community Credit Union for over 20+ years. I've used Quicken for almost the same amount of time. Before Park Community CU’s change (9/15/2021) to their “New Digital Banking System”, downloads from within Quicken financial software worked flawlessly on all of the accounts that I track for myself, my wife, and my 94 year old mother. I am a joint owner of these other two accounts. Each account has its own user name & password and would only display the “primary” account owner’s accounts. From within each Quicken account (3 separate Quicken accounts) it would only find the primary account owner’s accounts and download the “new” transactions since “last” download date directly into the Quicken accounts. I have been doing this for 10+ years.

Since Park Community CU's change to their "New Digital Banking System" I am not able to download my transactions. I contacted Park's customer support both online and by phone. Bottom line Park says Quicken needs to fix this and nothing they can do.

Now after over two weeks (Oct 4, 2021) of dealing with this issue, it appears that "Quicken's aggregation service" has learned Park's new banking platform but there is now a problem with the way Park has multiple "joint" accounts that display when accessing one's account. If you are a "joint owner" on say your wife's or parent's account, these accounts are also shown under your own account even though the other joint accounts have different account numbers. They all have the same account ending number (ie: savings 0001, checking 0002, etc) so Quicken finds two or three accounts with the same numbers 0001, 0002 etc and reports that these as "*Unsupported / Don't add to Quicken" with no dropdown option boxes. If you have one account that has a higher ending number ie: 0004 that the other joint accounts don't have, Quicken does list it and allows you to match it with an existing account that it belongs to and it downloads fine.

Talking to Park Community CU by phone concerning this issue they say that Quicken needs to find a way to "hide these joint accounts" from your own accounts and that there is nothing Park can do. Someone has dropped the ball here and not sure how it will be resolved yet. Hopefully Quicken can do something to filter out the joint accounts but this problem has been clearly created by Park Community CU's "new banking platform". I've send this to Park's customer support also so we are all on the same page but they keep saying there is nothing they can do.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you report the issue to Quicken Support so that they may escalate the issue to the Express Web Connect script team at Intuit: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • A J
    A J Member ✭✭
    I have spoken with Quicken Premium Support on this issue today (10/06/2021) but commutating the issue over the phone did not seem to get real issue across to them. They searched for a resolution in the database and then said that I will have to wait until the credit union finishes the change. Its been almost a month now and the credit union says the changeover was completed 9/15/2021.

I am trying to get the issue escalated to the Express Web Connect script team at Intuit and is why I posted the question here. There seems to be No Means for me to escalate it through Support in My Account at Quicken. Is there anywhere to report problems other than in the Community?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @A J,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

A J said:
    I am trying to get the issue escalated to the Express Web Connect script team at Intuit and is why I posted the question here. There seems to be No Means for me to escalate it through Support in My Account at Quicken. Is there anywhere to report problems other than in the Community?
    In order to have an escalation filed, our support team will need to collect and review your log files and contact our Tier 2 team. I went ahead and took the liberty of reviewing the case notes of your last interaction with support and found that this has not been done yet. Therefore, I recommend that you try contacting Quicken Support again and request to have your logs collected and reviewed so our teams can determine whether this is an issue that stems from our servers or from the financial institution servers. This way, we will also be able to confirm which end of the server is causing the issue and which end will need to file an escalation in order to resolve it.

You can also submit logs from directly within the program by navigating to Help > Report a Problem. However, if you choose to take this route, please be aware that you will not receive a response. 

I hope this helps! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.