Trouble Downloading Fidelity Transactions

I have been having a recurring problem downloading transactions from Fidelity. This began about a month ago. I get a 220-A error. I have spoken to Quicken reps at least 5 times and we have managed to fix it temporarily through deleting the online set up and then setting it up again or reinstalling quicken or removing all set up information for Fidelity and then setting it up again. Validating the file does not fix it. Accounts at other institutions download fine. I have set up a new file with just Fidelity accounts and downloading is fine with that file, but the problem with the file with all my institutions always recurrs after 1-3 downloads. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks Chris. One thing is when I try to add a new account, quciken ask me what finacial institution is the account with and tries to set up online connections, so I am not quite sure how to set up the new account "offline". Can you advise me how to do that?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One thought would be to try moving all the transactions to a new account, then deactivate/delete the old account, and activate the new account for downloading (note you might have to deal with duplicate transactions on the first download).

You can move the transactions by first creating a new offline account and then in the original account select Move Transactions from the menu in the gear icon in the upper right.

Be sure you have a good backup before you try any of this.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Thanks Chris. One thing is when I try to add a new account, quciken ask me what finacial institution is the account with and tries to set up online connections, so I am not quite sure how to set up the new account "offline". Can you advise me how to do that?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks Chris. One thing is when I try to add a new account, quciken ask me what finacial institution is the account with and tries to set up online connections, so I am not quite sure how to set up the new account "offline". Can you advise me how to do that?

• Thank you Sherlock! I will give it a try
  • Eagle Eye
    Eagle Eye Member ✭✭
    Hi danielphillips, I have had headaches with my Fidelity downloads for a very long time and have been searching and trying many things for a fix. If this worked for you could you please let me know?
  • I did not attempt this, actually since it has been such a recurrent problem, I frankly have given up. I started a new file for just fidelity accounts and it seems to be working although now I have to mantain and download to two files. I think there are issues with quicken regarding downloads in general. There was recent program update that was aimed at this but I suspect problems are still occurring. I have other accounts that periodically fail to download transactions even though quicken says they were up to date and the only way I have fixed these was to deactivate and reactivate I am afraid at that some point this going to stop working just as it did with Fidelity