Best way to clear up duplicates on one credit card?

I started using Quicken for Mac at the end of Sept 2021. Most accounts are fine, but it downloaded a lot of duplicate transactions for my PNC CC. It looks like the duplicates were all downloaded on 10/29/21 but I'm not sure I've found them all yet.

I'm wondering if the best way to clear this up is to go through and compare each transaction and date to a spreadsheet of downloaded transactions, delete the duplicates, and hope the balance then matches the bank balance (though I don't know what to do if it doesn't; in other financial software I've tried, forced balancing has been a disaster) OR to delete the account and recreate or relink it. I have several accounts at PNC. The others are fine and I don't really want to delete all of them in order to fix this one account, especially since this could apparently happen again.

I'm also wondering if I should just go back to what I was doing--all financials in a spreadsheet. That's time-consuming, but accurate.

The version I'm using is 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100)
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @teryg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the guidance found in this support article regarding this topic. Also, please be sure to click the Mac tab for proper guidance.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja