Schwab authorization temporarily unavailable

MontanaKarl
MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
I was just about to try some of the suggested ways of getting Schwab accounts re-connected... and got the attached after entering my Schwab userid/pw...  Schwab itself is saying that their Quicken-specific authorization feature is temporarily unavailable.

It is a shame that this happened and at the same time a moderator closed the thread in which we were all discussing ways of getting Schwab connected.  Nobody from Quicken nor Schwab has "spoken" to us today via an announcement, but our discussion thread has been closed?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Comments

• MontanaKarl
    edited November 2021
    P.S.  I just downloaded Schwab transactions in Quicken Mac and it worked perfectly, as it has since the conversion to the new connection.  Trying to update the same brokerage account in Quicken Windows gives the CC-501 error - or downloads nothing at all.

It thus seems that Quicken Mac has code that works correctly with Schwab ... and the issue is not with Schwab... [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation]

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MontanaKarl

Thank you for your input and feedback. To obtain a better understanding of this issue, could you let us know if this occurs when you as soon as you attempt to enter your credentials, or is it after you enter your credentials that you obtain "Feature Temporarily Unavailable" error message? 

Please elaborate for further investigation. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • robinsd
    robinsd Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Edit: There is some word from Quicken Chris at the bottom of this thread. Since it's marked 8 times as unhelpful I'm not ready to take it seriously yet, and besides I'm tired from my day and will look at this situation again in a few days after it settles down.

He says:
    Quicken Chris Administrator, Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Update 11/22/21

We have Published a new FAQ for troubleshooting issues while setting up the new Charles Schwab Connection Method:

https://www.quicken.com/support/errors-when-updating-or-adding-charles-schwab-accounts

Please Also see this new Alert regarding Missing Investment Transactions:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902129/schwab-accounts-missing-investment-transactions#latest

(edit)...  I've been using Quicken since MYM went away and I wish there was an alternative.

Haven't been in the beta program in years and years so please don't take that seriously.
  • MontanaKarl
    Hello @MontanaKarl

Thank you for your input and feedback. To obtain a better understanding of this issue, could you let us know if this occurs when you as soon as you attempt to enter your credentials, or is it after you enter your credentials that you obtain "Feature Temporarily Unavailable" error message? 

Please elaborate for further investigation. 

-Quicken Paloma

The screenshot shown is after I’ve entered my credentials once. Instead of logging in, it gives me the error shown.

• mikemend
    mikemend Member
    :/ Over the weekend, I tried to update my accounts after half a week, and the One Step Update summary said I needed to re-authorize my Schwab accounts. I tried to, and ended up hanging Quicken (cancelled blank screen, main screen greyed out -- had to use Task Manager). I've tried to update particular accounts and had the same error: cc-501: "Oops. We're having a problem." and "...Please try again in a few hours..." This is before even entering credentials (although it lets me enter and save the password, it never tries to connect)

Now, two days later, still the same. So I tried to *add* a Schwab account. Same result, but it no longer hangs Quicken.

As I post this, a new attempt says that "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time." Maybe something's being worked?
  • mikemend
    mikemend Member
    BTW, I updated to R36.41 before my last attempts.
  • PennyRich
    PennyRich Member ✭✭
    Two questions
    I see R37.25 is no longer the most current release. Should I roll back to R36.41?
    Is the Quicken Schwab issue now fixed?
  • mikemend
    mikemend Member
    I downloaded QW 27.1.36.41 Mondo Patch
  • MICKEYBNY
    MICKEYBNY Member ✭✭
    I am having same issues. Very frustrating. After deactivating Schwab in two other data files I had, I got this pop up window. Prior to that was getting error cc-501.
  • jbowler
    jbowler Member ✭✭
    Just happened to me; December 14. It happened at about 10am this morning after I had deactivated two of my five rebuilt Schwab accounts because they stopped downloading (they worked once after the rebuild on Dexcember 10). I was using OSU updating three of my five accounts, the three brokerage accounts, but not the two bank accounts. I had to explicitly "update now" to get the bank account update, but nothing got downloaded. I got a transaction (check) cleared on Monday and the balance is right, but the check didn't come through then or today. I "reset" both accounts, not luck, then I deactivated them. Attempting to re-activate produces the message above.

It's normal for Quicken to close these threads when the problem isn't fixed - it's there way of making the problem go away.
  • MontanaKarl
    @jbowler It is hard to know what time zone was 10 am for you vs 6:32 am for @Quicken Kathryn when she posted this - which may explain your problem this morning...

• jbowler
    jbowler Member ✭✭
    Extra information: this is the mongo release R37.37 (Windows). When I "reset" one of the accounts (the one where I know the problem is happening) I found that Quicken would crash immediately after the reset.

I just did a "Validate and Repair/Validate" (it's a bank account, so the other stuff isn't relevant). It reports both non-updating accounts as "Quicken repaired Schwab xxxx account. No action required." No other issues beyond the "Number of old style Buy/Cash/Transfer investment transactions updated:" report, which always happens.

After the V'n'R and shutting down and rebooting Quicken setting up the account download results in exactly the same error; at the log in to Schwab page "Feature temporarily unavailable." (in red) appears immediately after entering login id/password and clicking "Log In".
  • jbowler
    jbowler Member ✭✭
    > @MontanaKarl said:
    > @jbowler It is hard to know what time zone was 10 am for you vs 6:32 am for @Quicken Kathryn when she posted this - which may explain your problem this morning...https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903666/resolved-12-14-21-errors-adding-or-updating-charles-schwab-accounts#latest

I'm on the US west coast, US/Pacific, -8hours. The problem reported here is definitely not fixed. I just reproed it again (after my post at 3:45PM my time about the V'n'R above/below). This time I reproed it using "add account".

Looks like Quicken might have damaged the account logon information. I'm going to disconnect everything and shut down Quicken from Schwab then restart everything.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Unfortunately, you can't add Online Services to an existing Data File, that has Schwab Registers in the Quicken Data File.

If you create a Brand New Quicken Data File, without any Accounts in the New Data File, then add your Schwab Account Registers to that new Data File, it works, just fine.

Adding Online Services to an existing Quicken Data File with Schwab Investiing Registers, brings this error:

Charles Schwab is making changes to its Login Procedure:

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• MontanaKarl
    @jbowler I've been running with 37.37 without any issues ... other than in my case I have to be sure NOT to use File >Validate as it complains about Schwab Bank accounts and disconnects them.  I found that using Reset did create a mess as you experienced and that the only reliable way to get all of my Schwab accounts to work - and they've been working for many days now - was to deactivate the problematic ones and then to use the Add Account function, as if adding a new account to Quicken, select Schwab, go through the whole process to authorize, OK the checked accounts, and then the add/link/ignore account dialog appears to link the accounts in the current Quicken data file.  Maybe that'll work for you.

If not, then you should probably abandon 37.37 (which Quicken has put on hold and replaced with a 36.54 build on Monday Dec 13):

This discussion has been closed.