Schwab Charitable / Donor Advised Fund

Do NOT merge this with the other Schwab connection threads, like has been done with other people noting this problem.

I've gotten through removing the online access stuff for over a dozen Schwab accounts, re-adding them, and doing manual transaction matching for the Schwab Bank accounts. I've gotten through all this.

However, my Schwab Charitable account does not show up in the list of accounts from Schwab and give me an opportunity to match it. This was working with the old connection system.

Comments

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto @bytre same problem here and Quicken tech support could not help me get it fixed. We just gave up, hoping there will be a fix down the road. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    I just posted a similar question on accessing Donor Advised Fund (DAF) account after the EWC+ transition. Based on your post, it appears DAF accounts are no longer accessible after the transition. I suspect (not 100% certain) this has to do with the registration of the DAF account and Schwab's new terms and conditions for who has access to certain account types using 3rd party programs like Quicken.
  • Andrew Jarabak
    Andrew Jarabak Windows Beta Beta
    I had this problem, so I went to tools/add account, chose Charles Schwab and when it presented me with t a list of Charles Schwab options, I chose Investor C.  The account was listed there and I just linked that one to my existing Quicken Account.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭
    I messaged Schwab charitable... This is their response as of yesterday...They are aware of it.

Thank you for your email.  We have reported the Quicken issue for our Schwab Charitable clients to our tech team for resolution.  At this time we have not been advised of a resolution date.  We apologize for any inconvenience.
  • bytre
    bytre Member ✭✭
    ++ for Andrew Jarabak. I found mine in there as well, and linked it. it downloaded ~2300 transactions, but thankfully didn't make me manually match them.
  • larschnur
    larschnur Member ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else had the problem where the Schwb Charitable account does not appear in the list of authorize accounts and Schwab? Actiivity then can not be downloaded and I believe this generates a CC-800 Error. All of my other accounts (10) download properly except for the lack of Bond Pricing.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26
    Yes, see: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902132/schwab-charitable-donor-advised-fund#latest
    Some progress by a few users, but not anything clear that I can see as of yet. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Andrew Jarabak
    Andrew Jarabak Windows Beta Beta
    I have. All my other accounts are ok. When I use the authorize account procedure, my charitable account doesn't appear in the list of accounts. I did manage to link it thru the Schwab Bank Investor C link but it doesn't update anything. 
  • larschnur
    larschnur Member ✭✭✭
    I have an open ticket at Schwab about this. You might want to follow up with Schwab also
  • larschnur
    larschnur Member ✭✭✭
    I spoke with Schwab technolgy support on Wednesday. A ticket has been opened about the Schwab Charitable Issue.
  • larschnur
    larschnur Member ✭✭✭
    My cc800 error is gone after the suggestion to use Schwab investor c for The Schwab Charitable account. Thank you Andrew Jarabak.
    I am going to try adding my checking account to Investot C. If that works, it is a work around for the MBS pricing problem. I have been downloading the brokerage accounts monthly for years and manually fixing the MBS problem. I will be back to that solution.
    I am not happy about all this!
  • BobbiHager
    BobbiHager Member
    Schwab Tech just gave me this answer about why charitable accounts stopped linking after the conversion: "That is a change that will be implemented moving forward. There isn't any word on those account types being accessible through the Quicken platform in the future. They are still accessible through Schwab.com."
    Looks like Schwab doesn't care - maybe because they have their own products for access?