honda.americanhondafinance.com

robjessica
robjessica Member ✭✭✭
Looks like Honda changed their website last night to the new format. I'm currently getting the following error:

CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-101: General error. Layout changed at Account Summary Page. New Layout to be Supported

From seeing previous Quicken responses there is emphasis that Honda would need to initiate a change so I guess we just wait it out until it works.

Comments

• Hi @robjessica,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/ 
    Here is a link for you to provide to your bank which will allow your bank to contact our service provider, Intuit, and they can update their partnership and connection with Quicken. Once your bank does this, it should close the issue. 

Thank you for your support and patience and please let us know if there is anything else that you need help with. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jasmine. A Quicken customer calling the customer service department of a mutual company generally goes no where. At least the last time I tried it didn't, they told me have Quicken call us, Quicken told me you call them. I'll sit tight and wait.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @robjessica Actually, if the financial institution has just changed their website or login procedures, they absolutely should listen to customers calling to report connectivity problems. It may take a few people calling about an issue, but it should get escalated inside their IT department to fix. Quicken doesn't call financial institutions because connectivity is handled by the device provider, Intuit, and it's part of the financial institution's contract with Intuit to provide advance notice of URL or other login procedure changes.

At the consumer level, we can't ever find out if the financial institution did this and the issue is waiting for Intuit to make the changes, or it it's not yet on Intuit's list of problems to fix. It may seem things like this should get fixed promptly, but eep in mind that Intuit handles more than 14,000 financial institutions. So if every one made just one change per year, they'd have more than 250 changes to deal with each and every week. That's why changes don't get implemented instantly -- but the sooner they get on the to-do list, the sooner they generally get resolved. In some cases, resolution involves some back-and-forth between the parties which can make the process take longer, or the financial institution needs to make changes at their end which can make the process take longer. In any case, the sooner customers report that there's a problem, the sooner the clock starts ticking towards a fix!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Everybody!

Thank you all for reaching out to the Community to add your voice to this discussion, though we are sorry for any inconveniences that this issue may be causing you. Like @Quicken Jasmine, @jacobs, and others have mentioned, the best way to move forward with this error is to notify the Financial Institution that there are connectivity errors with Quicken due to this new layout.

We understand that this may be frustrating, however, we appreciate your patience and cooperation and we will continue to do our part to provide users support on this issue. If you encounter this error, please report it to Honda and let us know the results so that we may continue to assist you to our best capabilities. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September 

• robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    Called 12/16 to Honda, talked to a CSR, gave them the exact instructions noted above. Honda connection still dead.
  • jacobs
    @bjdoherty Actually, no. ;) Each financial institution has a signed contract with Intuit (which handles connectivity for Quicken under contract), and part of their contract requires them to notify Intuit whenever they change their website, login or security in a way which could impact third-party software from logging in and accessing customer data. Hopefully, they've already done so, and a fix is on someone's roadmap. (It's never clear to us as consumers whether the financial institution needs to fix something, whether Intuit needs to fix something, or whether they both need to fix something.)

So yes, you can sit back and wait for a change which fixes the current outage. But customers calling the financial institution's IT support can help make the problem known, if it isn't already, or spur someone to realize they need to speed up the process.

Intuit deals with more than 14,000 financial institutions, so they can't keep up with all the changes unless the financial institutions let them know. Then, once they know, it may take a while for a fix, because there are dozens and sometimes hundreds of changes each week. 
  • jacobs
    @bjdoherty I'm just a fellow Quicken user, and no one here is Quicken management.

I'm not saying that issues cannot be approached from the Quicken side, but in my experience, it's harder to gain traction, and takes longer, than a customer of a financial institution talking directly to that company.

In order for Quicken to create a support ticket with Intuit, they need to gather logs files and proof from a user about a connectivity failure. That's not impossible, but it generally requires a user to call Quicken Support, do a screen share session with a representative, and work through all the troubleshooting steps they will want to take, such as creating a test file and trying to establish connectivity. When that fails, the support rep can capture the log file and document it so a support ticket can be opened with Intuit. How things proceed from there is mostly unknown, but presumably the ticket is entered into a queue where it is prioritized based on the size of the institution or number of customers (e.g. a problem with Citi will likely get attention ahead of American Honda Finance). In any case, you as the end customer won't hear anything. And probably Quicken doesn't hear anything until it's fixed. When it reaches to top of the Intuit queue, they investigate and determine if it's something they can fix in their scripting, or if they need to reach out to the financial institution. In the latter case, they contact whatever name/email address they have on the contract with the financial institution. If it's an individual, and that person is on vacation, or worse, has changed jobs or left the company, it may take longer to get to the right person. And all this takes time, time which to the customer feels like nothing is being done.

But if the customer contacts the financial institution, the customer may find out that they have already been working with Intuit and are waiting for changes on one or both sides, or that they didn't contact Intuit but will do so now. It can shortcut the process, as there are fewer parties involved.

So yes, you can contact Quicken — via Support, not this community forum — to get them to start the ball rolling. Make sure you pass the representative to escalate the issue and insist that you want a case number from Quicken so you can follow up if need be. It may take longer, but it should eventually lead to a successful resolution. (Or perhaps some other Quicken customer will have called the financial institution to complain in the meantime, and that will instigate a resolution.) These things do get resolved. The replies above should not be stated as absolutes, but as the best/preferred/generally fastest ways to get such an issue resolved. 

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @bjdoherty

Thank you for revisiting this thread with your update, though I apologize for the hassle. Hopefully, this issue is resolved soon - please feel free to update the thread when new information is made available as it may help others with the same issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process and I hope you have a wonderful day. 

-Quicken September
  • RichS88
    RichS88 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    While I realize that Quicken deals with more than 14,000 financial institutions, when you hear of an active problem then I would expect you to take action in the spirit of "customer obsession". Telling any customer to "sit back and wait" reminds me of the Movie Clockwork Orange. This is 2022, not 1972. [Removed - Disruptive/Violation of Community Guidelines] BTW - I have been a paid Quicken customer since 1992 (yes that's 30 years) so let them know some of your 'OG' customers are not happy to "sit back and wait". Thank you!
  • robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    Same. It still doesn't work. I've posted here for Quicken help, called Honda twice, left a FB message with them, and of course posted here for support from Quicken.
  • robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    Relinked my accounts and now it works. Finally.
This discussion has been closed.