Tax Planner - When will we get 2022 tax tables?

James White
James White Member ✭✭✭
Question says it all. My updated QfW still has 2020 and 2021 tax tables. With 2022 just around the corner, I need to plan my tax liability and make sure I'm withholding enough.

Answers

• Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    The 2021 tax tables were issued as part of a patch update on January 7.
  • James White
    James White Member ✭✭✭
    2022 tax table. Not 2021.
  • Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea when the 2022 tables will show up.  All I can tell you is when the 2021 tables were provided by Quicken Inc.  Have a nice day.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One thing to consider is that the faster they update the 2022 tax tables the faster one loses the 2020 tax tables since the Tax Planner can only hold two years of them.

For determining what to withhold for next year I personally would use my tax program not the Tax Planner.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hi @James White,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question.

If the tax table you are trying to access is related to business then it should have already been issued. If it is for any other relations then there is no current ETA as to when that will be issued. I will keep an eye out for any alerts that are posted regarding this so I can properly update you if needed. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2021
    2022 tax rates are available in the latest Mondo patch release 36.57.
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

Adding- Be aware that if you have saved scenarios for the compare feature, they might be erased. 
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    2022 tax rates are available in the latest Mondo patch release 36.57.
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

Adding- Be aware that if you have saved scenarios for the compare feature, they might be erased. 
    Hi @markus1957  Is there a case where saved tax scenarios are not erased when taking a rate table update?   You mentioned "might be erased".  That would be good to know.  My experience is that they are always erased when the new tax rates are updated.

FWIW:  I make it a point to "save to PDF" my saved scenarios before taking an update that involves rate tables.    Here is a idea post that I believe is still relevant regarding preserving scenarios that others might be interested in.  After all, 2021 rates are still published in the tax planner.

This discussion has been closed.