One Step Update taking long time and not completing

VSBillB
VSBillB Member ✭✭
For about the last week when I run one step update it takes 20-60 minutes to finish rather than the usual 1-2. I've rebooted etc with no change. is this a common problem or unique to me? Do I need to reinstall Quicken or something else?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @VSBillB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to report your issue. 

The issue reported on 12/21/2021 was resolved, however, we have posted a new alert for this issue here as it has reoccurred today. Our teams are aware and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mine took a long time to update this morning also.......  

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @VSBillB, I truly do apologize for this issue and any inconvenience it may have caused. Our team is working diligently on a resolution and we are aware of this issue. Please follow this post for updates
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904181/new-12-21-21-slowness-updating-accounts#latest
    Thank you!
  • Hi @VSBillB,

Thank you for contacting the community. I am sorry that you are experiencing these issues. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding this issue, you can follow this link and bookmark the alert in order to stay up to date on any resolutions that we find and any further alerts regarding this issue. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904181/new-12-21-21-slowness-updating-accounts#latest

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• VSBillB
    VSBillB Member ✭✭
    I see the posts that the issue has been resolved but I'm still not able to perform an update. What do I need to do to help resolve this issue? I've rebooted, changed passwords, done single account updates but still the system is non-responsive.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @VSBillB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to report your issue. 

The issue reported on 12/21/2021 was resolved, however, we have posted a new alert for this issue here as it has reoccurred today. Our teams are aware and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• VSBillB
    VSBillB Member ✭✭
    If the issue is resolved why am I still having problems? Is this just because the networks are crowded or your servers are full? When I just did an update after a long rate there was a popup sayinng there stil is a problem. So, I don't think it's been resolved. What do I need to do to help get this finished?
  • Quicken Anja
    edited December 2021
    @VSBillB Please allow me to clarify. 

The issue that was reported on 12/21/2021 was resolved.

The issue today 12/28/2021 and which I referenced the new alert link for in my previous response, though they appear to be the same, is a new issue that was reported today and is being worked on.

I hope this clarifies things for you, and I apologize for any confusion! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• VSBillB
    VSBillB Member ✭✭
    On Jan 3 the issue is still going on. Taking forever to update and two accounts never get updated. Error message is "Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server. For mmore inforamtion, see this FAQ" For me, this has been going oon for two weeks. When will this be resolved? Thanks for your help
  • RFB
    RFB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    There is a situation wherein Quicken starts a dialog window to ask for a profile to use during the one-step update, and the window does not come to the foreground, but remains behind all other Quicken windows.  This appears as a hang until some timeout on the dialog occurs, then it is reported as an error on the server. Quicken Windows, Version R36.57, Build 27.1.36.57.  The only discovered workaround is to be aware of this and to open the dialog window from the Quicken Icon in the Taskbar.
    Inaugural (Intuit) Quicken user ... still here.
  • VSBillB
    VSBillB Member ✭✭
    Still not working well. It's taking 20-30 minutes to complete and one or two credit cards aren't updated with the message that there is an error with the Quicken server. Tuesday, Jan 4. Is there something wrong on my end?
  • VSBillB
    VSBillB Member ✭✭
    What is the status of fixing this issue which has been going on more many weeks now. Is there a phone number I can call to figure out if the problem is at my end as I can't believe that Quicken would take this long to resolve this isue
  • VSBillB
    VSBillB Member ✭✭
    today is Jan 5, 2022 and in spite of all of my posting the problem continues. It is taking 20-45 mins to complete a one-step update and during ths time Quicken is using a lot of the cpu resources. Also, when it finally completes there always are two messages stating that the update couldn't be completed due to an error on the Quicken server. is there something wrong on my end? Can somebody call me too discuss and/or help with this issue. It really is unacceptable and is causing me now to look around for alternatives to Quicken which I hav been using for 25 years more or less
This discussion has been closed.