Looking for a solution to issues downloading transactions from Chase BUSINESS credit card

Options
msrw08
msrw08 Member ✭✭
I've had three Chase personal credit cards for ages and have never experienced any major issues with downloading transactions into Quicken.

However, last week I got a Chase BUSINESS credit card for an LLC I own and have had a range of problems downloading transactions.

Oddly, some transactions download, but not most--I get maybe 10 percent.

Lengthy conversations with Chase technical support and Quicken technical support have not identified the underlying issue--I have deleted and re-established user credentials, deleted and reinstalled all Quicken connections to Chase, un-linked my Chase business sign on credentials from my Chase personal sign on credentials etc. I'm using Quicken Deluxe for Mac Version 6.4.5 (Build 604.41859.100) and Mac OS 12.0.1 (all of these are the most current versions).

A Chase tech support person told me at one point that Chase BUSINESS credit cards cannot use Quicken Connect, even though that is the connection method for Chase personal credit cards. This seems really unlikely and I'm not sure that that person was correct.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is anyone able to suggest a possible fix?

Would really appreciate any guidance that anyone can offer. Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @msrw08

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community, though I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. If I am understanding you correctly, you have been able to link the card successfully and download some transactions but just not all transactions. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

If you are able to link the account with success, could you please try adding the account in a Test File? You may do this by navigating to File > New > Start From Scratch > Next. You will be asked if you would like to use Mobile & Web. Please select Don't Use and continue. You will now be in a brand new file - if you connect the account here, do the issues persist or do you receive all of your transactions?

Once you have tried this, please reach back out to us with the results so we may assist you further. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your note. I did create a test file yesterday for that account. The result was that transactions through 12/12 downloaded, but not any of the 20 or so additional transactions that have been incurred since the 12th. This at least suggests that Chase isn't correct in saying that Chase business credit cards don't work with Direct Connect. Nevertheless, there is obviously still some underlying issue. The downloaded transaction dates do not correspond to account statement dates, so I don't think that Chase only allows transaction downloads that appear on closed monthly statements.

Thanks, Mark
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello, @msrw08

Thank you for reaching out with your update, though I apologize that you're still receiving this error. 

It's probably safe to say that you are correct and that Chase, even business cards are compatible. If the transactions are downloading then most likely Chase Business cards are supported. I noticed that you mentioned Quicken Connect in your first message and Direct Connect explicitly in the second - I would be interested to know if this issue persists if we switch connection types. Could you please go into your Account Settings (which can be accessed through the Settings Gear in the lower right or Accounts > Settings) and then select the Downloads tab? Here, it will confirm for us what connection type we are on right now. Perhaps then we could try connecting to the other method to see if our results come out differently. 

Thank you again for your response and I appreciate your patience through these troubleshooting steps!

-Quicken September
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Apologies for not being clear on Quicken Connect vs Quicken Direct Connect. I had meant to say in my last note Quicken Connect, not Direct Connect. I have attempted to use Direct Connect for Chase credit cards, however, I get an error message indicating that that particular interface won't work with Chase credit cards.
  • Quicken September
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hello again, @msrw08.

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community with clarification! I see. If you don't mind, would you please submit your log files in the affected file? You may do this by navigating to Help and then selecting Report a problem. From here, please provide a short description of your issue and then select Send to Quicken. This will allow us to look through the logs for errors. 

Once you have done so, please let us know so we can continue troubleshooting from here.

-Quicken September
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Certainly. Thanks again for your assistance.
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hi there, @msrw08

Thank you for the update and the logs! I apologize that you are still dealing with this error, however, I appreciate your patience and assistance while we go through this troubleshooting process. Could you please provide us with three examples of transactions that have not been downloaded from the bank since it quit downloading? We will need the Date, Payee, and Amount for each of the three. If you would rather, you may DM this to me as opposed to posting it in the thread.

These will be used in conjunction with your logs to see if we received the transactions at all from Chase. Also, just for clarity, is this business account the only account no longer downloading or are you having errors with your other (personal) credit cards now as well?

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation through this process. It is greatly appreciated! When you have this additional information, please reach back out and let us know so we can examine your log files for your transactions. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your note. I will forward three transactions that have not downloaded from Chase. To where can I DM you?

I am only having the downloading issue with my business Chase card. All three of my personal cards have never had any issues with inconsistent or missing transaction downloads.

With appreciation, Mark
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello again, @msrw08

Thank you for your continued cooperation! I DM'd you - you should be able to DM me back there. Alternatively, if you click on my name, you should see an option to send me a message. If you do not, please let me know. 

Thank you!

-Quicken September 
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks again @Quicken September. I have DM'd you some sample transactions that were on the Chase site and never appeared in transactions that were downloaded to my Quicken system.
  • Alex S
    Alex S Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, I am also having issues with my Chase Business account - last transaction downloaded was 12/13/21. This has been an intermittent problem throughout the year.
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Alex S, my last transaction download was also 12/13/21.
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello, @msrw08.

Thank you so much for your continued assistance throughout this process, though I apologize for the hassle. I have an update on your issue.

I have looked through the logs you have sent and have indeed found your example transactions. This means that we are receiving the transactions and the blockage is somewhere on the side of Quicken. I have put a ticket together and will be escalating this issue internally. Thank you again for your continued patience and cooperation during this process. 

-Quicken September
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello, @Alex S.

Thank you for reaching out with your issue to add to this discussion, though I am sorry to hear this issue is affecting you as well. Could you also provide us with at least three examples of transactions that have been posted with Chase that are not downloading into Quicken? We will also need a screenshot of the transactions in your bank's register.

Additionally, would you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and send us your log files? Once in the Report a Problem window, please add in a brief description of the issue at hand and select Send to Quicken. Please let us know when this has been completed so that we may check your logs as well for these transactions. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello again, @msrw08

Thank you for all of your help throughout this process, though I am sorry to put you through all of the trouble. I DM'd you about this as well but in order to escalate this issue, we will not only need you to provide the example transactions, but we will need a screenshot of said transactions in the register of your bank account at Chase. I will add these screenshots to your ticket when they are received and begin the internal escalation process. I apologize for any headache this issue may be causing you. Please DM me with the screenshots when you get a chance and let me know so that I may escalate this issue for you. Thank you!

-Quicken September 
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello, @msrw08

Thank you for taking the time to work with us so extensively here in the Community. I do apologize for all of the headache, however, your case is currently being escalated internally and I will keep you updated with its status. Thanks again!

-Quicken September
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken September, it's a pleasure. Hopefully we can get this solved as well for @Alex S and any other Quicken user that is facing this issue.
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Good news, @msrw08!

Your issue has been escalated internally and our team will review it and work on a fix for this issue. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for you. Further communication with the escalation team will be done through email so keep an eye out on your Quicken ID associated email. If they need any additional information, they will message you there and they will also email you when a resolution has been reached. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, September.
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello, @msrw08

You're very welcome! It was a pleasure assisting you here in the Community. If you ever have any further questions or require further assistance, please reach out as we are always happy to help!

-Quicken September 
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    All, just an FYI that the Quicken Mac development team has apparently addressed the downloading issue with Chase business credit cards, or at least with the issues I was having with transaction downloads, using Quicken Connect. As of this morning the majority of transactions on my card from the last couple of weeks have downloaded to my Quicken system. Haven't yet heard what is/was causing the issue and/or whether it is specific to Chase BUSINESS (but not PERSONAL) credit cards. In any event, Chase customer service has said at times that business cards don't work with Quicken Connect. This isn't in fact true. Thanks to @Quicken September and the Quicken development team for addressing this issue so expeditiously!
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Good morning, @msrw08

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and update us here in the Community! I am very happy to hear that your transactions have been restored and you are no longer dealing with this issue. I, unfortunately, do not have any updates on the specifics of what exactly went wrong; however, I am glad to hear our team has reached a resolution for this error. Please let us know if you receive any other updates or if you run into any other issues. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello, @Alex S.

Thank you for your patience with us here in the Community as we work toward a resolution to this issue, though I apologize for all of the trouble. Are you still experiencing this error? @msrw08 is reporting their issues have been resolved - are you seeing this same change? Alternatively, do you still require further assistance?

When you get a chance, please reach back out with an update so that we may assist you further if needed. Thank you!

-Quicken September 
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    i'm also having problems with a Chase Business Card, but it also affects the personal credit card and the Checking account *sometimes*. if i disconnect and reconnect it works on the personal checking and credit card, but evenutally stops. but the business card will only download transactions if i change the account password. also, i cannot download the business card transactions from the website because when i go to execute the file it doesn't match with the card. it doesn't give me the option to link to that card (or any credit card) even though it recognizes them as credit card transactions. just weird. please help.

i should note, that Quicken for Mac doesn't see these accounts as problematic. it is able to connect and download the online balance and constantly shows it as a discrepancy between the online balance and Quicken. also, i can download transactions online for the personal checking and personal credit card without issue. i have other accounts i reconcile that use Chase Banking and those have no problems (a mix of cards and checking, but no business accounts)
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    edited
  • jvkling
    jvkling Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also having problems downloading my transactions from Chase. I also have tried a variety of alternatives for downloading but with no success for transactions prior to 2022 and December 2021. I would really appreciate if you could include me in the resolution of the issue. There are too many transactions to enter them manually so I am hoping for a solutions soon.

Thank you
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken September, not sure if you're still the moderator for this thread.....I originated it a few weeks ago, and the issues I was having were addressed. H

However, I am again now missing transactions in my Quicken system for my Chase business credit card that have appeared a number of days ago on the Chase portal.

Happy to forward those transactions to attempt to address this issue.

Thanks, Mark
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken moderator, I'd appreciate if you could address this new issue, which seems to be identical to the issue Quicken was having with truncating some Chase Business credit card transactions a couple of months ago. Thank you.
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm still having this issue too... what's going on?
  • HFQuick2021
    HFQuick2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue
This discussion has been closed.