Quicken for Mac v6.5 Released

124»

Comments

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Trying out 6.5.1 with the new persistent blue dots and works well so far. One minor issue I'm seeing those with the green dot with an equal sign in it.

After doing a download with more than one account, i
    f the first account in the sidebar is set to auto-reconcile and does match it's auto-reconciliation and has a downloaded transaction, it will correctly show the green dot with an equal sign, but if you then click Reconcile and click Finish, the green dot with equal sign does not go away.
    For any other account other than the first account, if you have that situation, click on the account, click Reconcile and then click Finish then the green dot with equal sign DOES go away right then as soon as you click Finish in the reconcile dialog.

I've reported the bug from within application using "Report a problem..."

Anyone else able to reproduce this?
    -Jay
  • markrougeux
    markrougeux Member ✭✭✭
    This is the second time that an update has fouled my checking account transactions. It has taken transactions in the last couple weeks, and moved them to random dates in the year 2019! This is exactly what happened the last time. We need to be able to rely on Quicken not to corrupt our data with updates!! Now I have to go back through and find all the misplaced transactions. Pretty annoying!!
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    @markrougeux you should be able to quickly locate newly entries and delete them. Sort by not reviewed transactions.
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Marcus - I am still having issues with quotes missing intermittently.

See attached.
  • caram
    caram Member ✭✭✭
    Bills & Income / Projected Balances

I'd like to get rid of the graph and I can indeed hide it entirely by using the slider. But it keeps coming back after I move to another screen and come back.

In my case, the graph is not relevant (it displays a mostly flat line) and it takes screen estate. I use Projected Balances rather than Bills or Income, because there is a search bar, display is more compact and I see both bills and incomes at once.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    caram said:
    I'd like to get rid of the graph and I can indeed hide it entirely by using the slider. But it keeps coming back after I move to another screen and come back.
    I see this happening too. It does remember the minimal size state, but does not remember the fully collapsed state. Seems like a new issue since it didn't used to do this. And it seems to be a bug since other graphs (for example, on Portfolio view) are able to remember the fully collapsed state. 

I have submitted this via menu Help > Report a Problem. You should too.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • khilinski
    khilinski Member ✭✭
    I track the date I manually enter a transaction and also the date posted (which is automatically updated by Quicken when the transaction is downloaded). Having different entry and post dates has not been an issue in the past, an in fact is critical to being able to use your budget function. Since the last update, when I download transactions the entry date is changed to be the same as the posted date. This is a big problem, especially when it moves the transaction that I entered from one moth to the next (for example from Dec. 2021 into Jan. 2022) to match the post date. Please change it back to the way it was before. The entry date should remain unchanged even after the transaction is downloaded. The posted date shows when it actually cleared.
  • RickO
    edited January 2022
    khilinski said:
    Since the last update, when I download transactions the entry date is changed to be the same as the posted date. 
    Please check this setting in Quicken > Preferences:

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with the portfolio graphs not showing hidden account info remains from 6.3 and previous versions.  This was discussed in the attached threads.  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    There also seems to be a bug in reports.  After I open a saved report and adjust the width of the leftmost column, the number columns no longer align with the headers.  Please investigate. I'm running MacOS 12.1 Monterrey and it seems other users have noticed this as well.   See the photo below: 
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • AlfaCharlie
    AlfaCharlie Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    @“Quicken Marcus” said:
    > * Quicken Connect Investments - Previously Quicken Mac only supported Direct Connect investment accounts which worked fine if you had a brokerage account from a long-established brokerage such as Schwab, Fidelity, or Vanguard. Unfortunately, none of the new brokerage companies supported the infrastructure required for Direct Connect investments so you previously couldn't add these accounts. We've just turned this on in v6.4 and v6.5 so you will now be able to add Robinhood, Betterment, and others.  In many cases, you will only be able to get the market value for the account but at least this will allow you to track your true net worth. You now have access to an additional 800 financial institutions but the quality of each of these connections will be different depending on the institution.  Let us know which ones are working for you and which ones aren't. 

@“Quicken Marcus” - I have recently come back to Quicken Mac. I did not work well for me last time but I was encouraged by all the improvements. While this is a much better product (THANK YOU), I am still struggling with my investments. My employer has a stock plan (RSUs and Stock Options) in E-Trade. I also have a regular brokerage account in E-Trade.
    If I connect through "Quicken E*Trade", Quicken identifies the regular brokerage account but not the employer account. I get the correct balance for the former in Quicken. This seems an improvement versus what @jchason reported in early December.

If I connect using "ETRADE - Advisor", Quicken identifies there are two accounts (brokerage and stock plan). However, it does not download any information. The Account Status window shows a "FI_TIMEOUT: FDP-102:Retry. Timeout. Temporary Issue". This applies to both accounts (including the one that could be updated through the other method). I have tried over several days so I do not think this is truly temporary.

Part of the issue may be the lack of support to RSUs and NSOs by Quicken Mac (something I hope you fix soon). However, I would expect that, at the very least, you could download the positions.

Happy to provide additional information if helpful.
  • khilinski
    khilinski Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > Please check this setting in Quicken > Preferences:

Thank you!
  • zzz.pane
    zzz.pane Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Marcus" There is a UI bug in 6.5.1 for Mac. If the mouse is clicked WITHOUT the command key being held down, and then the user presses the command key AFTER clicking, the click is processed as if a command-click was issued.

To reproduce this, (plain-)click on an account in the left sidebar, then press command. Instead of executing the click action of switching the main view to the clicked account, Quicken executes the command-click action of opening the account in a new window.

This bug was introduced recently, but possibly before 6.5.
  • RickO
    @Quicken Marcus There is a UI bug in 6.5.1 for Mac. If the mouse is clicked WITHOUT the command key being held down, and then the user presses the command key AFTER clicking, the click is processed as if a command-click was issued.
    I can only reproduce this if I push the Command key very quickly after the click. The timing seems to be that it only happens if the Command key is pushed before the "in line" register display has had time to refresh. Depending on the speed of your system, this may be a longer or shorter interval. Given that this only occurs if you push the Command key very soon after clicking, it doesn't seem like a big deal (at least to me).
  • zzz.pane
    zzz.pane Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > I can only reproduce this if I push the Command key very quickly after the click. The timing seems to be that it only happens if the Command key is pushed before the "in line" register display has had time to refresh. Depending on the speed of your system, this may be a longer or shorter interval. Given that this only occurs if you push the Command key very soon after clicking, it doesn't seem like a big deal (at least to me).

Well you must be very privileged to have a fast system. I am not. It worked fine until recently and should be a simple manner to fix. The event record that is generated when the user clicks the mouse notes the modifier keys pressed. Quicken is apparently disregarding the state of the modifier keys in event record and polling the keyboard. This is clearly a violation of the UI standards of the Mac that have been in place since 1981.

I disagree that it is not a big deal.
  • RickO
    That being the case, you should report this using the menu Help > Report a Problem in Quicken. You won't get any feedback from that though. If you want feedback, you'll need to call Quicken Support and screen share so that they can see the issue live and generate a bug ticket. Marcus only monitors this thread for a limited time after the version release, so he probably will not see your post.
  • Donald E. Kaye
    Donald E. Kaye Member ✭✭✭
    When downloading a Charles Schwab Account a Security within the Account is deleted.  This happened with the latest update to Quicken Mac.  I called Support and they confirmed the problem.  They could not solve it, and escalated it to a higher level of support.  I have a phone appointment almost 2 weeks away, but would appreciate your looking into this problem now.
  • Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    Not sure if this was picked up by Quicken, but have seen others comment about it. On the investments dashboard, the top movers section - the header sorting high to low does not work in this section only. It sorts by absolute value - does not take the positive/negative into account like it does in the holdings section.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    On the investments dashboard, the top movers section - the header sorting high to low does not work in this section only. It sorts by absolute value - does not take the positive/negative into account like it does in the holdings section.
    Personally I see that as a feature, not a bug. If I have several investments that go up by 1% and one investment that drops by 10%, I want the 10% drop at the top of the list - it was the biggest change.

That said, I'd agree with what @jacobs says in the following comment - I'm more interested in changes over a longer period of time rather than a single day.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    On the investments dashboard, the top movers section - the header sorting high to low does not work in this section only. It sorts by absolute value - does not take the positive/negative into account like it does in the holdings section.
    @Robert Lynch The product manager has stated that this is by design and is working correctly. The goal of the "Top Movers" card, he says, is to show the securities with the greatest change, irrespective of whether the moves are up or down. If they sorted it by actual (signed) value, then it would show the same list as the Holdings card. 

I honestly don't know who finds this useful. I think the data in the Holdings card, which can switch between bigger gainers and losers at the click of the heading, would meet the needs of 99% or more of Quicken Mac users, so to me, this is a waste of space. I'd much rather see them offer a way to see gains and losses over a time period (week, month, YTD, year, 3 year, all time) than using this space for just single-day results. While I know some users want to see their results for a day, Holdings provides this — and most serious investors are much more concerned with results over time than over a single day.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • markrougeux
    markrougeux Member ✭✭✭
    After years of working seamlessly with Vanguard, I've been having all kinds of issues since early December. After a lot of work, I now have Quicken connecting to Vanguard, but only with Simple Tracking and not with the Detailed Tracking I used to have and want. When I try to use Account Settings to switch to Detailed Tracking, I get a message telling me Vanguard does not support downloading detailed investment information.......disconnect and manually enter investment transactions. I have tried resetting the Cloud account, but nothing seems to help. I have turned off the Sync function as well. In resorting to a backup, some of the Vanguard accounts do connect with Detailed Tracking. One does not. When I reset the connection to my accounts, I again lose Detailed Tracking. 
  • Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    I have brokerage and Retirement accounts setup (multiple). When I adjust columns (width and order) in the Portfolio View it is adjusting everywhere, using the Retirement or Brokerage to view the accounts within, or selecting the individual account within. Any changes made to the dashboard are propagated to all accounts portfolio view.

Is this by design? Is it a bug? Most of my columns are the same, except for my crypto investments, where the column width is needed to be bigger.