Contributory account does not download accurately

I tried twice. Before I deleted and re-downloaded the account, it showed twice the amount. After I fixed the placeholders, it showed 10% of the account. I deleted this account and started from scratch and it is showing a completely wrong amount.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Patrick Barbary,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup that you saved prior to this issue occurring and can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a "Contributory account"?  What type of account is it and what Financial Institution holds it?
    You mention placeholders, so is this some type of investment account?
    When you re-created the account, how far back did the initial downloads go?  Most only go back 30-90 days ... so any activity prior to that wouldn't appear, leading to an incorrect balance.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.