Notes disappear in the "NOTES" column

I have used the "NOTES" column for years to add details about transactions. Starting December 2021 the notes I type disappear after I enter them. I've tried removing and adding the NOTES column using the "Registers Column" icon to the extreme right, but the notes no longer show in the column.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022
    Hello @raducharme,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Soopy
    Soopy Member ✭✭

The real problem here is that the Notes field erases itself as the transaction is recorded and no acknowledgment of this defect appears from Quicken support. This is an old problem.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Soopy,

Since this is an older post that was originally created back in December of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.