Transactions no longer show up in Downloaded Transactions after import if I deleted them previously

Options
My checking account normally pulls automatically from bank, but I had some missing transaction from 2020.

I pulled down the date range in the QFX (Web Connect) format from bank and then used File Import and linked to the account.

I got 400+ transactions in the "Downloaded Transactions", BUT I realized I missed some days so I selected all the transactions in the "Downloaded Transactions" and deleted them so I could start over and pull down the updated file.

So I created the new QFX which had a few extra days and then did the File Import / Web Connect QFX.

This time only 10 transactions showed up in the "Downloaded Transactions" where I expected the 400+ in addition to these 10 transactions.

No matter what I do or how many times I attempt to File Import the QFX file that DOES have the transactions it will NOT show them in the "Downloaded Transactions" window.

It is as if it knows they were deleted and will never allow them to be pulled back into the "Downloaded Transactions" window.

HOW can I reset something to allow these to import back into the "Downloaded Transactions" window?

They are NOT in the register so something is blocking.

I also reset the online account, but no change.

Thanks,
Greg

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gsaunders said:
    It is as if it knows they were deleted and will never allow them to be pulled back into the "Downloaded Transactions" window.

HOW can I reset something to allow these to import back into the "Downloaded Transactions" window?

That is exactly the case. Every downloaded transaction has a unique Id and Quicken records each of them as it downloads them in the account information.  If it sees a transaction with the same unique Id, it assumes it is a duplicate and skips it.

Quicken has no preference for turning this off, so you have three choices.
    1. Restore from a backup before the import of the transactions.
    2. Deactivate that account for downloading, create another account and import into that one.
    3. Edit the QFX file in a text editor and change the FITID field for every transaction you want to reimport.

For #2 you can use this procedure to move transactions between the accounts as needed.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would probably have been better if you had not deleted the transactions and made the second download just for the missing days.

You can revert to a backup from before you did the first download, then download the correct date range.

Be sure to make a backup of your current file before you try again.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • gsaunders
    gsaunders Member
    Options
    Thank you both. That is what I suspected. I will proceed with recover backup and if I don't have one at the right point and time I will use current file and do the merge part.

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.