Persistent transaction download issue: "Sync Error"

Options
13»

Answers

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    NEW ISSUE with this.

I initiated a Sync; it took a couple minutes as usual.

I then wondered if I had the most recent Quicken. I think I got the pop-up saying No, nothing new. And before I closed that pop-up...

Then the Sync result emerged: as usual, a SYNC ERROR window.

Why is this interesting? Because QUICKEN FROZE; I couldn't think of anything to get it to emerge from that state. Every click on the SYNC ERROR window resulted in a <ding> indicating that something was wrong. Nothing I could think of allowed escape. I had to Force Quit Quicken.

Craig
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have had this occur on occasion, but not recently... Also had to do a force quit...  But still getting pop-up SYNC ERROR window after each Sync... :-(
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jasmine, I try to follow the link to 7907105 but get a "Permission problem"--I don't have permission to do whatever that is. What's going on?

More to the point, what's up with the Sync Error issue that has been continuing since 2021? thanks.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @cfeverhart,

I do apologize for the confusion. That discussion has been marked resolved and therefore has been closed and moved to Archiving, meaning that only Quicken Admin, Moderators, and a few others have access to it. 

As for the Sync Error that is still occurring for you, we do recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Enjoy your Sunday!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    New Sync Error ??   Accounts Upload: requests don't match responses???

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think I have more evidence.
    I get the SYNC ERROR, but with Quicken 6.7.1, I get a lot more debug information:

accounts upload: requests (200) don't match responses (0)
    (QCS-0400-2) Invalid request payload: JSON parse error: Cannot deserialize value of type 'java.util.Currency` from String "BAF": not a valid textual representation; nested exception is com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidFormatException: Cannot deserialize value of type 'java.util.Currency` from string "BAF"; not a valid textual representation at [Source: (PushbackInputStream); line 1, column 6665] (through reference chain: com.quicken.common.core.resources.ResourceList["resources"]->java.util.ArrayList[11]->com.quicken.fmcore.dtos.InvestmentAccountResource["currency"])

Copied by hand. My Quicken machine doesn't have email.

Craig
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's repeatable. I'm wondering if it relates to some tweak from long ago, wherein I assigned values to some made-up currencies that were denominated in various frequent-flyer currencies (you know, where one AAdvantage point is worth about 1/4 cent)
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    In Quicken 6.7.0, suddenly there's much more information in the Sync Error message.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    I recorded it in the Comment 20257092 related sequence.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, it's Quicken 6.7.0.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The new Sync Error (I sent before) happened right after I updated to 6.7.0... I don't have all the detail that cleverhart showed..  Just Accounts Upload: requests don't match responses???   (There is good news---- that the mobile Quicken is syncing now and shows investments!)
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still getting Sync Error ---Have done all the re-set and turning Sync on and off??

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Me too. I continue to get the quoted long error message.

As I explained in some report, the text of the message reminds me that, years ago while using Quicken for Windows (before converting it to a Mac version), I made up a bunch of currencies for use with frequent-flier and frequent-hotel-stayer type accounts; generally one airline frequent-flier point being worth about a penny, every hotel point about a quarter of that. But the text in the error message alludes to some new problems with currencies.

In Quicken for Mac, I can't even find the windows in which I might review or add currencies.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here is a screen-shot of my message.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 3.11.04 PM.png

Here's a screen shot.
    Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 3.11.04
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just updated to 6.7.0 and 6.7.1  still getting Sync Error  same  Message....??????

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Downloaded and installed version 6.7.1. (Prior reports were with 6.7.0: apologies)

I immediately tried updating all accounts. That has been in process for several minutes now, and nothing appears to have downloaded into the problematic accounts. So the jury is still out.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think I am in awe. The update completed, after about 7 minutes. It SUCCEEDED!

Let's wait to see if it looks OK and repeats.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, behaviorally it's pretty good. Under Window/Account Status, there is a minor anomaly: the "LAST UPDATE" stamps are a little weird. Some of them update with every new "update all" request, and some updated only with the 6.7.1 upgrade. (That is, with the first "update all" request after the 6.7.1 upgrade. As it happens, this was today at 3:08pm.) Of the non-updaters, this includes CapitalOne, a lightly-used account. The updaters, by contrast, include my Fidelity Visa account, which is heavily used and had over 700 downloaded transactions.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Perhaps it is a design feature to update some of the timestamps only with a transaction download. If that's the only pathology, that's not a real complaint.
  • ghall05674
    ghall05674 Member
    Options
    I can not link to the thread. It tells me I do not have permission. I have the same problem. How do I get HELP?
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    For ghall05674:  -  I am still waiting for help....  Following  this thread..   FYI - The was the original suggestion to fix - but it did not work for me??  Worth a try before waiting long times to get through to support on the phone.
    To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file or other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just to reiterate: the version that fixes my long-running download roadblock is Q 6.7.1. I had already tried all the troubleshooting things, like turning Sync off/on, to no avail. I had even created a new .QDF file by hand, migrating all old transactions into it. (As soon as the migrations completed, I could no longer download.)
  • Matthew Phelps
    Matthew Phelps Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'm having the same error. Nothing seems wrong with any of my accounts syncing, and I've unlinked all bills to no avail. The link below doesn't work for me--says I don't have permissions.

> @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @BigJazzBoi and @cfeverhart,
    >
    > Thank you for your responses and for joining this thread. I truly do understand how frustrating this can be. 
    >
    > We do currently have an Ongoing Active Alert for this error which means that the issue has been escalated and our development team is working towards a resolution. I have added a link to the error, which you may bookmark to remain up to date on relevant information:
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907105/ongoing-3-1-22-sync-error-quicken-encountered-an-error-while-communicating-with-our-servers#latest
    >
    > Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work towards a resolution. 
    > Quicken Jasmine
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am still having the issue..my accounts all seem to be in order  - but getting error message  --  .the link above did not work???  Said Permission Problem?  Please re-send

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still having error Notice   ???
  • Darknes
    Darknes Member
    Options
    I am also having this issue.