My Quicken was just flagged by Sentinel one and disabled

I tried to run quicken today and it was flagged and removed by Sentinelone. I can't use the software at all.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know SentenelOne but it must have a way to whitelist an application to prevent it from disabling it. 
  • daver99999
    daver99999 Member
    I don't have access to that it is a program from my job.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Quicken for your job?   If it is you need to check with your IT support. If not, that is probably why it was removed. 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    (Deleted comment...redundant.)
    (QW Premier Subscription: R37.66 on Windows 10)
  • daver99999
    daver99999 Member
    Not disabled because of my Job. Job allows this. Was working up until update today.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    You need to contact Tech Support at your job.  This isn't, really, a Quicken issue ... it's a Sentinel One issue as to why they started blocking Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it is your security software that is removing it. Nothing Quicken can do about it. 

When I worked we would have this happen to software that I installed as part of my job but because IT security hadn't white listed it the software was disabled until they did. You need to get your IT dept to do it. If Quicken was able to do it that wouldn't be a very good security program. 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not disabled because of my Job. Job allows this. Was working up until update today.
    The point is, if it is Sentinel One disabling Quicken and you want to use Quicken, Sentinel One needs to be changed so that it stops disabling Quicken.  If you haven't clue, contact your Job's IT support.