Duplicate download transactions

Options
When I download transactions, transactions already downloaded and accepted download again? What is happening?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which method of download is being used?  You can find that on the Account List (Tools menu).
    Have you deactivated/reactivated the account for downloading just before this happens?
    Which financial institution, it may be a know issue with them?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• dhart52215
    Options
    It is universal. It does it for all accounts set up for download for all dates since installing an update in December.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @dhart52215,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

Since the issue you described appears to occur with all of your accounts and assuming you have accounts set up with different financial institutions; if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have also had a problem recently with duplicate transactions downloading for two credit card accounts.  Today for Capital One and a couple of days ago for Bank of America.  I have other credit card accounts that have not yet downloaded duplicates.  Hopefully, if others are having issue, they will report.   
This discussion has been closed.