Venmo Account Not Connecting

Options

Answers

• wkuehner
    wkuehner Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried what kat Korn recommended. Didn't work. Said it would send me a verification code. Didn't. Then said their site is down and that I had too many verifications requests.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wkuehner said:
    Tried what kat Korn recommended. Didn't work. Said it would send me a verification code. Didn't. Then said their site is down and that I had too many verifications requests.
    Hello @wkuehner

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this problem with verification codes. Thank you for continuing to follow this discussion here on the Quicken Community for additional developments.

Banking institutions and many other organizations that operate online accounts for users provide a maximum number of attempts at validating credentials or logins within a certain time frame. It may be necessary to wait 24 hours if the number of verification attempts has been exceeded.

I hope this is helpful, and I intend to continue working with you on this issue via this discussion, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have tried adding my Venmo account to a brand new blank datafile with the same results.  Again all stopped working since Jan 21 for me.  I no longer receive the code.  Please refer back to my detailed steps near the bottom of page 1.  Thank you.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Mine randomly connected and transactions downloaded last night, but it is back to the same errors and issues this morning, so there are still aggregator issues between Quicken and Venmo that need to be fixed.
  • kat korn
    kat korn Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @kat korn said:
    > FIXED/SOLVED for me just now! Here's what I did (MacOS): Right-click on Venmo account name-->Edit Settings; under Downloads, select RE-SET CONNECTION. Proceed as usual.. The account connected and synced immediately! Hope helps. Maybe it's now working for everyone, but I'd never tried re-setting the connection.

Well, THAT was short-lived! Tried again today and no dice -- prior success apparently a fluke. Today it's back to the same old trouble others are reporting here.

All accounts are syncing ok except Venmo. (1) was asked for my verification code to confirm identity; (2) "The Venmo Site May Be Down/Too Many Requests from your IP address" notice pops up before even sending me the verification code. <big sigh>
  • H_in_LA
    H_in_LA Member
    Options
    The MFA functionality is not working. I get the same exact error as others.
  • kat korn
    kat korn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Download Error (-30)
    MFA_FAILED:FDP-3000 invalid credentials
  • Grecula
    Grecula Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I am getting the same "too many requests" error as many above. I'll mention I track two Venmo accounts. This really needs to get fixed. [Removed - Disruptive] I did try resetting- it seemed to work once, then stopped working again. Couldn't get both to work at the same time again. I've been using quicken since 1997, it's never been as good as the 2007 build.
  • Jon McIntosh
    Jon McIntosh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue as other posters...still unresolved.
  • Daniel Arbeeny
    Daniel Arbeeny Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    FIX FIX!
    Thank you kitkat!!!
    She posted somewhere else to USE my Venmo ID (without the @ ) NOT my email and it worked perfectly!!!
  • SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried Daniel's suggestion of using my "Venmo ID (without the @)" instead of my Venmo email address, but it didn't work. I still receive the error of: "Retry. Sorry, there have been too many requests in a short time from your IP address!..."
  • Jon McIntosh
    Jon McIntosh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried Daniels's suggestion. Didn't work the first time, same error message as SeattleSummer76. Then immediately tried again and it worked..first time since January! We'll see how it goes in the coming days and report.
  • ajswire
    ajswire Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried the same suggestion - three times: "cpAggStatusDetail" : "Retry. Sorry, there have been too many requests in a short time from your IP address!"
    }
  • SeattleSummer76
    Options
    I also tried it 5 times, and didn't work. I'll try it again tomorrow. Regardless, still not [reliably] fixed.
  • wkuehner
    wkuehner Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still doesn't work for me either. Is anyone at Quicken listening?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    wkuehner said:
    Still doesn't work for me either. Is anyone at Quicken listening?
    @wkuehner Just a reminder that this community site is provided by Quicken but is not Quicken Support. It's mostly fellow users here, with a few Quicken moderators. You may want to call Quicken Support to follow up on the Venmo issues. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • SeattleSummer76
    Options
  • Jim38@
    Jim38@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue. On-going for months. 
  • bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes this is very annoying. I reported this back in early January (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20237433#Comment_20237433) and was basically told it was user error. FWIW, I tried creating a brand new file with no Quicken cloud, and Venmo downloads still don't work. So I wouldn't waste time trying to reset your connection, etc. It won't help.
  • ericbettencourt
    ericbettencourt Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been having this same issue for the last 3 years. Every year, in early February, I have to start another Venmo Account fresh becasue the errors everyone is having trouble with starts to happen.. So I now have three old, inactive Venmo "accounts" (I mark the date ranges so I can keep track of what happened and when with these accounts) and a new, properly functioning one. It's super annoying come tax time. Wish this would just work right...
  • Pat Q
    Pat Q Member
    Options
    I am getting this for Venmo and Marcus by Goldman
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Quicken Anja I saw your update to the outstanding Venmo alert (found here), but I am still receiving the same errors as before. Once in a blue moon it'll connect randomly, but then won't successfully connect again for sometimes weeks. Telling us the issue is because of throttling is good information, but doesn't actually solve any issues as this throttling is preventing Venmo from connecting consistently and reliably in Quicken. Please keep the alert active and continue researching rather than closing the alert. 

Here is the error I received this morning when attempting to connect again:

• CountScotula
    CountScotula Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    What I understand from @Quicken Anja's update is that you are seeing these errors when Venmo registers too many login attempts coming from Quicken's servers, not your personal computer.

Your account isn't throttled because *you specifically* tried to log in a lot. It's that many Quicken users have Venmo accounts and Quicken brokers the logins for all of them.

You are able to connect at "random" times because at that moment, Quicken's IP hasn't tripped that throttle threshold. That's why Anja suggests people try connecting "outside of peak hours."

What I'm interested to know is whether Quicken is able to arrange a higher throttle limit for their IP address so Quicken users will be able to sync at peak times of day. It seems Venmo could configure this on their end rather simply.

Any news on that, @Quicken Anja?
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This throttling makes perfect sense and hope it gets fixed by the parties collaborating.  Before seeing @Quicken Anja 's update, I had posted my workaround to this issue here on March 24 where I took a similar approach with 50%+ positive results:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20256239#Comment_20256239
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Jon McIntosh
    Jon McIntosh Member ✭✭
    Options
    FWIW, after months of issues I connected at 12:30am MDT with no problem twice in a row. Maybe there is the truth in the error message "...too many login attempts..." during busy times. If Quicken could schedule downloads that might be a reasonable workaround. :)
  • deecoys
    deecoys Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here, worked yesterday on Windows but just bought a Mac and this problem right here.
  • ajswire
    ajswire Member ✭✭
    Options
    IMHO, this isn't a Mac versus Windows issue, but rather it's just timing. I have an iMac Pro and early this morning EDT I reconnected with Venmo and it worked (it hadn't worked for weeks).
  • bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    Options
    I feel Quicken should remove or disable the Venmo connector, or at the very least add a clear warning about it, until it is working correctly. Quicken should not be putting the burden on users to try to figure out what is going on.
  • SeattleSummer76
    Options
    As of 4/15/2022 the issue is still ongoing.

As a summary of the issue, users attempt to connect to Venmo and receive the following message:
    "Retry. Sorry, there have been too many requests in a short time from your IP address! Please verify that you can connect to your bank and navigate until you can see your most recent transactions." and "AGGREGATOR_IN _ERROR (FI_TIMEOUT: FDP-102)"
  • maldini
    maldini Member ✭✭
    Options
    According to @Quicken Anja this issue is "resolved" as of today (04-15-2022), but it's not resolved for me!

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20262006#Comment_20262006

What am I missing here? Am I the only one that still has this problem?

@Quicken Anja What are the steps to resolve this?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.