Venmo Account Not Connecting

13»

Answers

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    I'm also still getting the errors. About the only time it happens to work is if I randomly try to connect at like midnight, and I'll get one successful sync, then it's back to errors again. I understand that the issue is due to throttling, but a real fix to restore reliable connections would be for Quicken to work with Venmo to reduce the amount of throttling so users can connect reliably at any time.
  • ajswire
    ajswire Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Just tried resynching again- an FDP-102 error
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Yes the problem still exists and no improvement on Windows either.  I have resorted to updating very late night once a week since January to account for throttling with sporadic success rate.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All, 

Thank you for contacting the Community, though I do apologize that this error is still occurring after the Alert has been marked resolved. 

We recommend contacting support so we may accurately track the volume at which this error is still occurring. Our systems are showing this alert as resolved, however, if we receive enough reports of this still being an issue then we can reopen the alert. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Still happening for me as well. @Quicken Jasmine , I feel us posting here should be sufficient to qualify as a "report".
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was all set to say me too...but it actually worked. Venmo asked which phone number to send the code to and then sent it. Code arrived and it was accepted. First time (other than a 4 AM every few weeks) it has worked for me for ages.
    -Jay
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Hello @bryanck,
    bryanck said:
    Still happening for me as well. @Quicken Jasmine , I feel us posting here should be sufficient to qualify as a "report".
    To clarify; by contacting Quicken Support directly, issues are documented/escalated and tracked more effectively as contacting support will also create tickets for each contact made which helps with better tracking. Posting here in the Community to report issues does not create any ticket numbers for each post/comment.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm almost afraid to report this at risk of jinxing it, but I was able to download Venmo transactions through the normal process. Will need a week more of testing to confirm. However, one potential issue is that it seems to be requiring multi-factor authentication (text message) very frequently (upwards of multiple times a week). Will report back shortly.
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue, though I don't get an error code. 99% of the time it says "Venmo isn't working" and 1% of the time it sends a code. But is there no way to get Venmo to Remember Quicken as a device. The code thing, even when it works, is a major PITA.
  • SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    Closing the loop: Venmo is working correcting again and downloading transactions, but it does force me to do dual-factor authentication every time I update Quicken (so daily).
  • bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Same here, it doesn't fail anymore, so that is a step forward, but the 2FA prompts me every time I download transactions. Plus, each time, I get 2 emails from Venmo about signing in from a new device.
This discussion has been closed.