DCU is Unable to authenticate new User ID (previously Member Number)

Options

Answers

• KPH107
    KPH107 Member
    Options
    DCU Express Web Connect stopped working for me today. Based on this thread, I thought I'd just switch over to Web Connect for now. However, the new DCU website only has the option to export transactions as CSV. Doesn't seem like DCU cares much about its customers who use Quicken.
  • faucherb94
    faucherb94 Member
    Options
    +1 for Express Web Connect after DCU finally migrated me to the new sign-in system, and as @KPH107 says, DCU's new web interface no longer offers transaction downloads in QFX format, only in CSV format :(
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I started having this problem yesterday (3/7/2022). I had a chat session with Quicken. They are aware of the problem and it has been escalated. Here is the topic they referred me to.

NEW 3/7/22 Digital Federal Credit Union - CC-503/FDP-103

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909729/new-3-7-22-digital-federal-credit-union-cc-503-fdp-103
  • ncovitz
    ncovitz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Until 3/7, DCU had an 'export' option on each account/sub-account that included QFX etc. Now, I only see the (not very useful...) option for CSV. Hopefully this is temporary on the part of DCU. Doubt Quicken could 'fix' anything until our trusty bank does so. Yes, I have logged a complaint. We all should until resolved! :'(
  • Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue since the change on DCU platform happened a couple of days ago. I cant believe this is happening since a month or more.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I too will be leaving more complaints/comments with dcu and will try calling tech support at dcu. Need to keep it up.
    Not having any idea if this will or when be resolved is frustrating.
  • richt
    richt Member
    Options
    DCU just migrated my account to the new sign-in system and I am experiencing the same issues as reported here. No connections to my accounts between DCU and Quicken.
  • RobP
    RobP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Someone had posted the URL/address that is being used to connect to DCU from Quicken. That address has changed. it's no longer dcu-online.org but projectfinance.io as they changed platforms. Not sure of the rest of the address. That could be why Quicken won't connect. Whoever maintains the connections would need to update those. Not sure who dropped the ball on this, but someone should have been notified that this change was happening and this should have been updated before the change was implemented.

I don't work for Quicken or DCU (which is a perfectly acceptable way to post about them for those complaining about abbreviations, btw) but am a long time user/member of both.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Project finance is a company that sells and probably assists in setup of a program which allows Banks to convert to the digital banking platform, giving them all the features prepackaged. they are an independent company, they are not part of DCU.
    I still can't download and have begun the process of switching banks.
  • char
    char Member ✭✭
    Options
    Other than my new auto loan, all my DCU accounts are working with Quicken.
  • Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @char said:
    > Other than my new auto loan, all my DCU accounts are working with Quicken.

Did you re-setup your account again ?
  • JTS
    JTS Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anil said:
    > @char said:
    > Other than my new auto loan, all my DCU accounts are working with Quicken.

Did you re-setup your account again ?
    So I just found if you re-setup the account and choose "Digital Federal Credit Union Old", it works with the new credentials.
  • Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @JTS said:
    > So I just found if you re-setup the account and choose "Digital Federal Credit Union Old", it works with the new credentials.

Sweet!
  • drivera
    drivera Member ✭✭
    Options
    @JTS , glad it worked for you, connectivity seems still very unstable. System asked for a verification code several times now, it locked me out with error CC-929......very frustrating.
  • JTS
    JTS Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    drivera said:
    @JTS , glad it worked for you, connectivity seems still very unstable. System asked for a verification code several times now, it locked me out with error CC-929......very frustrating.
    Bummer, worked first time for me. I wonder though, I mean "Digital Federal Credit Union Old", that's a strange name for an institution. I doubt this is a final solution.
  • Jim Sawin
    Jim Sawin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I waited as long as possible before migrating to DCU's new platform. Now I'm seeing these same issues with DCU/Quicken integration. I've let DCU know that this is a game-changer for me and I hope they will resolve this soon!
  • Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can connect now with this "Digital Federal Credit Union Old" and new credentials but it is not pulling any new transactions.
  • JTS
    JTS Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anil said:
    I can connect now with this "Digital Federal Credit Union Old" and new credentials but it is not pulling any new transactions.
    If you noticed there are quite a few selections for Digital Federal Credit Union. Looks like someone troubleshooting on the live environment. This "Old" one I am sure is temporary at best.
  • drivera
    drivera Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's overwhelming, almost 8 (eight) weeks since this issue and no resolution. On top of that, Quicken does not like to express your true frustrating feelings, it is ofensive to them. Just FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    drivera said:
    It's overwhelming, almost 8 (eight) weeks since this issue and no resolution. On top of that, Quicken does not like to express your true frustrating feelings, it is ofensive to them. Just FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!
    This has nothing to do with Quicken software.  There is nothing Quicken employees can do at this point to correct the issue.  We're now waiting on Intuit and DCU.

Note: When we post here, we're posting to other Quicken users - not to Quicken employees.  There are a few moderators and other Quicken employees that may respond to some posts but these are exceptions. 
  • drivera
    drivera Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock I pay Quicken to connect and download my transactions and not the other way around thus, to me Quicken is responsible to ensure we all customers can connect properly to our institutions and if a problems arises regardless, this needs to be addressed in a timely manner, so is it almost 8 weeks reasonable to get this resolved? No, it is not.
  • char
    char Member ✭✭
    Options
    Seems like very poor planning and implementation from DCU to me. DCU changed its platform and processes and did not do a very good job of it! The DCU project manger and project team missed a few crucial items before implementation! They never considered the impact of their changes with the other tools/finance software their customers use.

This is part of a response I received from DCU regarding this situation -- "Personal Financial Management (PFM) tools, such as Quicken, Mint.com, Acorns, etc. may not sync with your DCU account due to the platform change. We hope that we can add those again later, but we cannot guarantee the timing on that."
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    drivera said:
    @Sherlock I pay Quicken to connect and download my transactions and not the other way around thus, to me Quicken is responsible to ensure we all customers can connect properly to our institutions and if a problems arises regardless, this needs to be addressed in a timely manner, so is it almost 8 weeks reasonable to get this resolved? No, it is not.
    Pardon the poor analogy but...  you pay for phone service so you can may order food from a restaurant using an unreliable delivery service and, when the restaurant moves to a new location outside of the delivery service's current area, you scream at other users of the phone service about the phone service.   

As I explained earlier, some Express Web Connect issues may take months to resolve and, by the way, it's only been 6 weeks.  The good news is we may use the recent Community Alert to be notified.
  • fleetgoal319
    Options
    I have read most of this thread. Like most in the thread, I am a DCU customer. I used to download qfx files from DCU and all was well. With the new DCU webpage/app, you can no longer download qfx files. While Quicken may ultimately have to make changes so that the Express Web Connect will work, I find it unfathomable that DCU didn't try to fix this with Quicken before the transition. It's almost like DCU wanted to divorce themselves from anything Quicken and all of a sudden it became the customer's and Quicken's responsibility. That's just unacceptable. Not being able to maintain an electronic register in Quicken after doing it for ~20 years is also unacceptable. I hope somebody from DCU is monitoring this as they have made a tremendous customer satisfaction mistake. Quicken please bail them out.
  • andrew777
    andrew777 Member ✭✭
    Options
    DCU member since 1994. I've had it. I've begun moving personal to Fidelity Cash Management and business to American Express. No response to emails and phone wait times are ridiculous.
  • drivera
    drivera Member ✭✭
    Options
    @andrew777 I still do not believe DCU is at fault entirely, as DCU notified their customers on this change, I'm pretty sure they also notified/warn entities such as Quicken, Intuit and such. EVERY MODERATOR here protects quicken no matter what, no one in either side takes responsibility BUT, I pay Quicken to capture my data so, to me; they are the ones.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also switched today. It'll be a process switching bill payers and direct deposit but sitting on my hands waiting got old.
  • Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Assuming this impacts other platforms like Mint etc, DCU should have not released the platform without addressing all of these. I hardly login to the DCU website and all my spend views is in Quicken. On a different note, the new UI sucks in DCU.
  • andrew777
    andrew777 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @drivera said:
    > @andrew777 I still do not believe DCU is at fault entirely, as DCU notified their customers on this change, I'm pretty sure they also notified/warn entities such as Quicken, Intuit and such. EVERY MODERATOR here protects quicken no matter what, no one in either side takes responsibility BUT, I pay Quicken to capture my data so, to me; they are the ones.

Doesn't excuse poor customer service and DCU removing the ability to manually download files from DCU.
This discussion has been closed.