DCU is Unable to authenticate new User ID (previously Member Number)

Options
13»

Answers

• rncolon2022
    rncolon2022 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I go to DCU's page, try to download my transactions, but only see, "Export as CSV", yet this is the third party financial tool vendor's issue, fault?? DCU should have ensured the access to the various download formats was still viable when testing the new interface and if not able to implement it, for any reason, state so publicly.
  • mikeromeu
    mikeromeu Member
    Options
    I just received a response from DCU. I don't think that DCU members who use Quicken were important enough to warrant using a different digital banking vendor... assuming they though about this.

It is time for me to consider other options.

"Thank you for your email with regard to Quicken. My name is Michelle, and I am happy to assist you today.
    I am sorry; however, our new Digital Banking vendor does not support Quicken or Direct Connect to Quicken. Direct Connect is a connection method whereby Quicken interfaces directly with the Financial Institutions' core system. Quicken does not YET support our new platform due to the implementation of the username.
    We only provide the ability to export data into an Excel Spreadsheet. From your online portal, click on the Account tab and select your checking account. Under Transactions – Last 30 Days, click on Export as CSV.For security purposes, if you have any other questions or need additional assistance, please log in to Digital Banking to submit a new secure message, and we will be very happy to assist you further."
  • Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @mikeromeu said:
    > I just received a response from DCU. I don't think that DCU members who use Quicken were important enough to warrant using a different digital banking vendor... assuming they though about this.
    >
    > It is time for me to consider other options.
    >
    > "Thank you for your email with regard to Quicken. My name is Michelle, and I am happy to assist you today.
    > I am sorry; however, our new Digital Banking vendor does not support Quicken or Direct Connect to Quicken. Direct Connect is a connection method whereby Quicken interfaces directly with the Financial Institutions' core system. Quicken does not YET support our new platform due to the implementation of the username.
    > We only provide the ability to export data into an Excel Spreadsheet. From your online portal, click on the Account tab and select your checking account. Under Transactions – Last 30 Days, click on Export as CSV.For security purposes, if you have any other questions or need additional assistance, please log in to Digital Banking to submit a new secure message, and we will be very happy to assist you further."

If Quicken doesnt have an answer for this, then it is a huge No for me. May be I will move my business into my other checking accounts like Chase etc
  • Jim Sawin
    Jim Sawin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I complained to DCU and got this response:

"At this time, we are aware of the inibility (sic) to link accounts with Quicken and Mint and are working with Plaid on resolving the issue for our members as quickly as we can as we know these are important tools for you and other members. I do expect that when a resolution has been found and implemented that we will send an inbox message to our membership to let you know that the update has taken place."

I don't blame Quicken for this lapse. Although I did try the Express Web Connect with DCU and it messed up my Quicken file and I had to revert to an older backed-up copy.
  • Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Considering there is only one way to export data out of DCU (CSV), did anyone find out a tool to convert cst to qif or some other Quicken format to manually load data into Quicken ? DCU is my main account and this is causing lot of issues for me.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anil said:
    Considering there is only one way to export data out of DCU (CSV), did anyone find out a tool to convert cst to qif or some other Quicken format to manually load data into Quicken ? DCU is my main account and this is causing lot of issues for me.
    You may want to consider using ImportQIF.
  • Steve007
    Steve007 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today I tried updating my DCU account. Looks like things have been progressing. Was able to download all transactions for my checking account. Everything looked good. The credit card transactions still have an issue. The credit card transactions are showing green as payments and the credit card payments are showing as minus transactions. So things need to be reversed. Hope they continue to get these things fixed.
This discussion has been closed.