Capital One Reauthorization Loop
System Member admin
edited March 2022 in Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Issue Updating or Downloading Transactions. - Capital One.
I keep getting a message that says I need to reauthorize my Capital One account when I try to update. I have reauthorized several times. Whats the issue?1
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion.
This is a known issue that we have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all updates.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.
This worked for me and is a combination of several tips I’ve read on this forum:
1) Do a Quicken Backup (in case you have to restore this)
2) Log into Capital One’s website, click on your profile picture, select Security from the dropdown list and under Linked Apps, discconnect Quicken.
3) In Quicken, go to your Capital One account, click on the gear in the upper right, edit account details, Online Services tab, and Deactivate account.
4) In this same screen, select General tab and (this is the important part), delete all information in the Financial Institution field and in the Account Number field
5) Go back to Online Services tab, select Activate, type in Capital and select the option for Capital One Bank – New (at least this is the option that worked for me). Follow the steps to activate the account and link it to your existing Quicken account for Capital One. When I did this, the activity for the past two months finally downloaded.0
This discussion has been closed.