Truist Confirms Quicken Direct Connect Option - but there's a problem

Options

Comments

• thompson87
    thompson87 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Truist hold times today are over an hour, but if you can only call during business hours (unlike the old 24/7 Suntrust support), and I actually have a job to do during business hours. I want to know whether I'm going to be charged for Direct Connect. The information I was sent about the conversion of my Suntrust Signature Advantage account said that I would continue to have free Quicken access. But when I try to sign up for Direct Connect it appears I have to agree to a monthly charge. Does anyone know whether they are actually going to charge accounts that used to have free access? Perhaps by a statement credit?

BTW, I was able to set up express web connect access without any trouble yesterday (2/21/22). So at least I can now see past transactions through Quicken.
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    After finally getting my Suntrust accounts Direct Connected to BB&T Online Services this morning, I tried to do a test payment and could not find the Send drop down in the register. Finally back home this afternoon and looked at Quicken Windows program and found that Online Bill Pay was not activated during setup. I click the activate button and now there is a drop down for SENDING AN ONLINE PAYMENT. However, when I tried to do an update to send this payment request to our new merged bank (TRUIST / BB&T Online Services) I received an error message OL-306-A. Which implies that this is not active on the bank side but I did sign up for Direct Connect via Quicken on Monday.

Spoke to Quicken tech support and was told this is a known problem and both they and Truist are working the issue. I am not sure of anything any more.

All I want to know is Truist charging me a monthly fee to use Quicken with Direct Connect to allow me to pay bills via the bank or NOT using my Quicken Windows application. Waiting on hold for an hour to ask this question but I am not sure that the answer I will get will be correct or not.

I see many users are jumping to another bank and I fully understand the immediate reaction to this transition. I am HOPING that I do not have to switch banks but I sure like my Quicken with Bank supplied bill paying services. Anyone have ANY luck with paying a bill inside of Quicken today using their new Direct Connection registration via the Truist Online web page.

As far as some users above mentioning the cost of this service, I think the cost of Suntrust PC Banking was determined by the type of Suntrust account that you had. Me personally, I was grandfathered at a set price of $5.95 per month for many many years. I have also seen people quoting the Truist service from 7.95 to 10.95. I signed up for $7.95.

I am sure frustrated but hoping that I have something wrong with my registration setup instead of the lack of new services provided by Truist Direct Connect. Or maybe someone can tell me why have Direct Connect if you can not pay bills or am I missing something?
  • Larry Hochman
    Options
    It came up at $7.95 for me, but I did not sign up. Very annoyed it was free with Sun Trust and now they want to charge me under Truist.

I do not write a lot of checks, so I am hoping to use Bill Manager inside Quicken which will give me 5 Check Pays per month and 12 Quick Pays per month which is free with Quicken Premium - and only $3 for 3 more of each.

Is anyone else using Bill Manager? How does it work compared to Direct Connect via Sun Trust?
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This keeps getting worse. Not only can I not figure out how to resolve what's going on with Truist direct connect or if my previously scheduled payments will be made, this morning I noticed an ACH payment I received into my SunTrust / Truist personal account has mysteriously disappeared when I log in online. It was absolutely there as "pending" over the weekend through yesterday and is now gone. This has nothing to do with Quicken and is not the sender cancelling it (insurance company). So now I am concerned customers will have trouble paying me via ACH to my business account even though we were assured there are no changes to account or routing numbers. Keep an eye on you activity!
  • JenniferW
    Options
    I have not been able to connect to anything using their 38-page PDF file. Whenever I go in to follow their instructions, I continually get an error and the message to contact Truist support. There is no way I'm hanging on the phone for HOURS because they didn't roll this out property. I've read on here that their support is mostly BB&T people vs. SunTrust people, so I don't have a lot of confidence that they can get me setup correctly. After 30+ years with SunTrust and nothing but good things to say, I think I'm out of here. This is ridiculous. AND just to continue the vent....I didn't get my letter until one week before they started this fiasco, which gives no one time to react. And like others on here, I have no clue if my payments have gone through or were canceled.
  • REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does this sound familiar: Back in a 60's weekly TV comedy show, Lily Tomlin played the role of a cynical telephone operator, and after listening to a series of customer complaints about poor service, she would always respond with this classic: "We don't care...we don't have to...we're the phone company."
  • titanrx
    titanrx Member ✭✭
    Options
    Regarding the cost of Direct Pay at Truist if/when it is working, I have enough balance and account types at SunTrust that I never had any fees of any kind, not even for a safe-deposit box (28 years). When I got the map from Truist which showed how my accounts were going to be converted, I went to the branch to ask what the fees would be. Not only were they going to start charging for the box, but paper check reorders, various other fees which were always waived at SunTrust, and the kicker, $7.95/month for the Quicken Direct Connect/Payments. After 28 years, I decided to leave. I signed up at PNC. Waiting for my Direct Connect credentials in the snail mail, but no charge per month and most of the other fees will be waived too when I get my direct deposits transferred over. Maybe I'll go back to Truist if they get this working but I'll wait and see how the rest of you who have decided to stick around make out.
  • AAR
    AAR Member ✭✭
    Options
    @kapinossa - I made payments from the register using the bill payment feature now from Truist/BB&T (not Quicken Bill Pay), sent multiple test payments. I am getting "Send Online Payment" in the register, but also typed the online payee name and it populated automatically. I did not make any changes to my online payees.

@Rick Staveley - I am having the same issue for all my pending items (payments and deposits), they show up pending, then disappear. On Monday my payment to my electric company showed pending, then disappeared. It reappeared two days later. I am guessing this may be the usual behavior (frustrating) as I had a pending payment and deposit disappear but the account balance reflected the payment and deposit, my guess with limited data points, is there is a two day sliding window.
  • REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Options
    Take a look at Quicken Anja's recent post about Truist and Direct Connect:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909138/new-2-23-22-truist-bank-missing-direct-connect-option#latest
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    @AAR Thanks for your reply about making payments. Yes, I also tried to use "Send Online Payment" after I had to manually activate Online Bill Pay in the BB&T Online account for my checking account. Unfortunately, I get an error "OL-306-L" after trying to update to send my transactions. This results after I was trying to send a payment to a person (paper not electronic payment). The Quicken error states that my financial bank does not allow this payment. I have not tried a normal payment to an electronic receiving company yet.

More specifically, AAR has any of your payments been posted and completed?
    I assume your financial bank in your account setup is BB&T Online not Truist.

Just trying to get feedback that Direct Connect is working to do bill paying with my old Suntrust checking now Truist checking account!

Truist Bank Phone support does NOT have a clue on how to validate my problem. I think my Quicken data file registration during initial setup is flawed and I can not find anybody that can reset or delete this file on the bank side. In summary, just making sure that ANY Suntrust user has converted correctly and is fully functional!!!
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @AAR said:
    > @kapinossa - I made payments from the register using the bill payment feature now from Truist/BB&T (not Quicken Bill Pay), sent multiple test payments. I am getting "Send Online Payment" in the register, but also typed the online payee name and it populated automatically. I did not make any changes to my online payees.
    >
    > @Rick Staveley - I am having the same issue for all my pending items (payments and deposits), they show up pending, then disappear. On Monday my payment to my electric company showed pending, then disappeared. It reappeared two days later. I am guessing this may be the usual behavior (frustrating) as I had a pending payment and deposit disappear but the account balance reflected the payment and deposit, my guess with limited data points, is there is a two day sliding window.

The deposit re-appeared this a.m. and coincidentally I received an ACH payment from a client to my business account, so those concerns seem to have been resolved (hopefully permanently). But thank you for letting me know you had a similar experience. There was a note on the Truist site early this morning that they are seeing delays in posting activity.

Last night I was also able to deactivate my old SunTrust Direct Connect in Quicken and reestablish a new Direct Connect with BB&T / Truist following the guide someone else posted in this thread (could not get into the page in the letter Truist sent me). I also scheduled test payments through Quicken from both my business and personal accounts that should arrive to my wife next week and I have been able to download transactions using this connection. I do note that the payments have a check # of "Sent" in Quicken rather than a check number as they did formerly with SunTrust. (I think someone else pointed this out in this thread.)

I also had to re-establish connections to external accounts because Truist did not retain them from SunTrust. The test transactions went through today. Unfortunately, however, the instructions to verify the test transaction differ in the initial email vs. the Truist website, so we'll have to see how that gets sorted out over the next couple of days. Hopefully additional emails arrive that include a "verify" link.

So my open issues are the external accounts, receiving / confirming test checks sent using the "new" Direct Connect and figuring out what happened to the payments I scheduled before the Truist transition, which I don't expect to know about other than through the passage of time (they will either be made or not - I am not waiting on hold for hours to find out).

I am really not bothered by the $7.95 fee. I was paying before the transition but had no account fees. If they start charging account fees on top of the $7.95, I will go into the local branch to try to get them removed. I am still considering changing banks because Truist has given me the impression of real incompetence and I know there are people with issues for worse than mine. But I am going to take my time researching other options before rushing into a change because it will be no small effort to notify clients of changes to ACH instructions and deal with a number of other changes to payment instructions. If I am going to do that, I only want to do it once.
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @kapinossa said:
    > @AAR Thanks for your reply about making payments. Yes, I also tried to use "Send Online Payment" after I had to manually activate Online Bill Pay in the BB&T Online account for my checking account. Unfortunately, I get an error "OL-306-L" after trying to update to send my transactions. This results after I was trying to send a payment to a person (paper not electronic payment). The Quicken error states that my financial bank does not allow this payment. I have not tried a normal payment to an electronic receiving company yet.
    >
    > More specifically, AAR has any of your payments been posted and completed?
    > I assume your financial bank in your account setup is BB&T Online not Truist.
    >
    > Just trying to get feedback that Direct Connect is working to do bill paying with my old Suntrust checking now Truist checking account!
    >
    > Truist Bank Phone support does NOT have a clue on how to validate my problem. I think my Quicken data file registration during initial setup is flawed and I can not find anybody that can reset or delete this file on the bank side. In summary, just making sure that ANY Suntrust user has converted correctly and is fully functional!!!

I will post back next week when (hopefully) my test checks arrive. Unfortunately, they are not scheduled to arrive until 3/3.
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Rick Thanks for posting your current status. It appears we were posting at the same time and mine was not needed since you state that you were successful in Sending Online transactions.

However, just one quick question: After doing your setup with BB&T Online did your account have Online Bill Pay auto selected by the bank on the Online Service tab or did you activate that manually?
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @kapinossa said:
    > @Rick Thanks for posting your current status. It appears we were posting at the same time and mine was not needed since you state that you were successful in Sending Online transactions.
    >
    > However, just one quick question: After doing your setup with BB&T Online did your account have Online Bill Pay auto selected by the bank on the Online Service tab or did you activate that manually?

On the Truist website, I subscribed to Direct Connect and then in Quicken, I signed in to set it up - basically following steps in PDF starting on page 17 of 38. Online bill pay was automatically set up as part of Direct Connect (assuming my test checks arrive of course). I did need to register my data file per the PDF instructions and I believe there was an option while setting up the connection in Quicken to select Direct Connect (see page 19 of 38 in the PDF). Otherwise, once it was set up everything was set up. (I hope.)
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Rick Thanks so much for your steps that resulted in successful.

I did the same with Direct Connect and was successful but my Quicken data file registered without my confirming.

I suspect my Quicken data file is so old and large that it has some issues that I am not aware of. I finally read on the web page that I can have more than one data file and I will try to register a new Quicken data file and test bill pay that way. Unfortunately no using my original data file will cause me allot of re-entering online payees and reminders but I am ready to try anything since I can't get Truist to delete the registration on their end.

I am assuming that my issue is unique now and I need to make changes with my quicken file to enable the bill pay feature of Direct Connect to work. Of course, my data file worked just fine with Suntrust.
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @kapinossa said:
    > @Rick Thanks so much for your steps that resulted in successful.
    >
    > I did the same with Direct Connect and was successful but my Quicken data file registered without my confirming.
    >
    > I suspect my Quicken data file is so old and large that it has some issues that I am not aware of. I finally read on the web page that I can have more than one data file and I will try to register a new Quicken data file and test bill pay that way. Unfortunately no using my original data file will cause me allot of re-entering online payees and reminders but I am ready to try anything since I can't get Truist to delete the registration on their end.
    >
    > I am assuming that my issue is unique now and I need to make changes with my quicken file to enable the bill pay feature of Direct Connect to work. Of course, my data file worked just fine with Suntrust.

Have you tried restoring a backup or exporting to a new file with a new file name and using that file instead of your original? Probably won't work but maybe something to try.

My Quicken file is also very old. I had to restore / reconstruct it a few years back. Not fun! Best of luck to you.
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Rick Good suggestions. I will try the export feature. To get the bank to enter another data file, I do need a new file name and maybe the file isn't the problem but a bad registration action. New file name = a second registration. Thanks, worth a try.
  • titanrx
    titanrx Member ✭✭
    Options
    For those asking whether Truist/SunTrust will issue payments that were entered before the "cutover", the answer is maybe. On 2/2/22, I entered 2 payments through Quicken with scheduled delivery dates of 2/22 (Utilities) and 2/23 (Visa). They were issued check numbers in the Quicken register on 2/2 of 9047 and 9048. Just discovered that the Utilities payment happened and the Visa payment didn't happen. I'll be demanding reimbursement for the late fees and interest from Truist since that is the agreement I had with SunTrust. In 28 years with SunTrust never had a missed or late payment. Worst planned and executed IT transition I have ever seen. I have experienced bank mergers before from both the customer and the IT sides and this is the first one that wasn't seamless and painless for the customer.
  • KennyDu
    KennyDu Member ✭✭
    Options
    This information came from another thread and worked perfectly for me!

Keith has provided fantastic directions below. I had one snag. After step 10, I got an error message that said I must call Truist [888-228-6654] to have them register me for Direct Connect. I made the call, waiting on hold for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. The representative told me he could not help but he would transfer me to the folks who would set me up. I asked for the number, but he said that was a private group and I could not call them directly. After 2 hours and 46 minutes on hold, the system hung up on me completely.

Magically, I just hit the try again button in Quicken and everything completed setup just as Keith says below. Somehow, the Truist team must have set me up, but did not bother to tell me on the phone...just hung up. Everything is now set up for DirectConnect.

Thanks @keithhays for these directions. They are spot on!

> @keithhays said:
    > 1. Download all transactions and balance your accounts
    > 2. Backup your file (just in case)
    > 3. On the Truist site, subscribe to Direct connect for Quicken in Profiles & Settings/preferences
    > 3.1 Don't try to confirm yet
    > 4. Deactivate one of your accounts to whichever institution you currently have that Truist bought
    > 5. Change the bank name on that account to BB&T
    > 6. Setup Online Banking for on the account searching for BB&T with your online Truist credentials
    > 7. Map all relevant accounts that pop up to your accounts
    > 8. Wait for quicken to finish doing its thing
    > 9. Go back to Edit account, it will say something like your institution has a better method, click that link
    > 10. Search for BB&T again, login again with your Truist Credentials

10(b). Insert Step -- you may have to call customer service to be registered

> 11. Map your accounts again.
    > 12 Now you have direct connect
    > 13. Back on the Truist site confirm the Registered Data File
    > 14. Complete
  • REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Options
    Has anyone here had success with using Quicken Direct Connect to process bill payments thru Truist, the same as you were previously able to do with BB&T or SunTrust
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @REJones said:
    > Has anyone here had success with using Quicken Direct Connect to process bill payments thru Truist, the same as you were previously able to do with BB&T or SunTrust

Yes - see a few posts above. The test payments processed should arrive next week (scheduled for 3/3) and I will confirm once received.
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Rick Tried to resolve my transition issue from Suntrust PC banking to Truist / BB&T Online. Still not able to pay bills after three days of calling Truist and Quicken. I thought my issue was a bad registration of the Quicken data file during sign up.

Started with a new file today with very little to no account info. I confirmed a new registration of this Quicken data file. Unfortunately, I still have an Quicken error code of OL-306-A which is the same error code since Tuesday. Quicken rep says this is a system wide problem but for you this has worked, so I say what is different for me versus other former Suntrust PC users? Quicken says to wait it out!

Called Truist this afternoon and was on hold for 72 minutes. Truist rep was not helpful one least bit. They just say my ticket is open and no resolution yet.

Have not been able to talk to one former Suntrust PC support person since Monday. Call center goes to former BB&T Digital Support Team that have no experience with Bank bill pay using Quicken. I hoped to reach one former Suntrust person but I think it is a pipe dream.

Not sure my problem is system wide but no one can say that really is since they do not have a clue to interface with Quicken. I have had two reps state that they would provide a status update on Wednesday and another on Thursday but no one has called or left a message.

Only item left is to cancel service and sign back up to see if this fixes my problem or maybe it is really a system wide problem! No one on this forum has said they couldn't send a payment once they completed the 38 page pdf instructions successfully. Now another member posted a 12 step process which is the same as the pdf file.

Just would like to know if anyone else is having this sending problem while using direct connect with BB&T Online setup?
  • KennyDu
    KennyDu Member ✭✭
    Options
    @kapinossa I am having an identical problem. Was finally able to get DirectConnect fully set up yesterday. All of the downloads and registration looks good and everything is coming through both on my one account that is DirectConnect AND on my three other accounts that are Express Web Connect. The only thing that is not working is my ability to send payments from Quicken through to Truist [BBT Online Banking] as it was with Suntrust before.

I am also concerned about the electronic payments issued through Suntrust prior to the cutover, but paying AFTER the cutover. None of them have been processed yet that I can see, but the next few days will confirm or allay my fears.

You are not alone.
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @kapinossa said:
    > @Rick Tried to resolve my transition issue from Suntrust PC banking to Truist / BB&T Online. Still not able to pay bills after three days of calling Truist and Quicken. I thought my issue was a bad registration of the Quicken data file during sign up.
    >
    > Started with a new file today with very little to no account info. I confirmed a new registration of this Quicken data file. Unfortunately, I still have an Quicken error code of OL-306-A which is the same error code since Tuesday. Quicken rep says this is a system wide problem but for you this has worked, so I say what is different for me versus other former Suntrust PC users? Quicken says to wait it out!
    >
    > Called Truist this afternoon and was on hold for 72 minutes. Truist rep was not helpful one least bit. They just say my ticket is open and no resolution yet.
    >
    > Have not been able to talk to one former Suntrust PC support person since Monday. Call center goes to former BB&T Digital Support Team that have no experience with Bank bill pay using Quicken. I hoped to reach one former Suntrust person but I think it is a pipe dream.
    >
    > Not sure my problem is system wide but no one can say that really is since they do not have a clue to interface with Quicken. I have had two reps state that they would provide a status update on Wednesday and another on Thursday but no one has called or left a message.
    >
    > Only item left is to cancel service and sign back up to see if this fixes my problem or maybe it is really a system wide problem! No one on this forum has said they couldn't send a payment once they completed the 38 page pdf instructions successfully. Now another member posted a 12 step process which is the same as the pdf file.
    >
    > Just would like to know if anyone else is having this sending problem while using direct connect with BB&T Online setup?

That sounds like a nightmare - very sorry to hear and hope it gets sorted soon. They made such a mess out of this transition and that is an understatement.
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Rick Thanks for the support. I just not patient when I think my situation is unique. If you could chat with anybody in the bank that knows these products, I could sit back and wait but not sure my problem is there's. Thanks again.
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Kenny Thanks so much for the confirmation of our identical problem.

I feel much better it was not me messing up the setup.

On the other hand, I guess the bank decided at the last minute to offer this capability since it was handled so poorly in the transition.

Finally, misery loves company.

If anything starts working, I will post what I have done. Maybe over the weekend they will be able to do something meaningful!
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How I view this entire merger\Name change is, and I shared these comments with an escalated Quicken Support member....this is ans issue that must be resolved by Quicken.  Quicken needs to be talking/working with unTrust/BBT/Truist to find the solutions...and resolve this matter.  By so many people trying to resolve this with the Bank...its a good reason why speaking to a bank Customer Service Agent is an Hour+ wait.  I see the responsibilty as Quicken and the bank and it is the only way this connection issue will be resolved for all Quicken users who are customers of Truist.  I am quite surprised that when you go to Quicken Support this issue is NOT displayed as an issue under investigation to resolve.  I for one Have tried De-Activating...than SETTING up the Acct Selecting TRUIST...the setup process see my Truist Acct, I select it, link it to my Suntrust Q register...it displays SUCESSFUL.  When I try to connect I get CC-503.  What is weird, keeping in mind I did select TRUIST as the bank...the Online Details shows the Financial Institution as SUNTRUST BANK.  

Pleas experts at Quicken....get together with truist Bank and provide Quicken users an Ongoing resolution Link to monitor this resolution.  Thanks
  • kapinossa
    kapinossa Member ✭✭
    Options
    @denmarfl Your thoughts are appreciated and I agree.

In your case, have you selected BB&T Online as your financial institution. If you use Truist there is no Direct Connection method available if you want to pay bills via the bank.

I originally tried Truist on last Monday and could only connect via Express Web Connect. This allowed my transactions to download but no bill pay. Original internal directions have you using BB&T instead of Truist. It did not work Monday but I was able to setup with BB&T on Tuesday along with Direct Connect. A change was made Monday night. However, I currently can not pay bills and get a 306 Quicken error. As of today, no resolution via Quicken or the Truist bank for my Suntrust checking account.

Bottom line, deactivate and then setup using BB&T Online and confirm registration. You might be one of the lucky accounts that this works.

This is what the Truist support people have for directions to Transistion. If it does not work don't waste your time with Truist Digital Support team call in unless you are lucky and get answered by a former Suntrust agent.

This is my suggestion since I am on hold waiting for the next fix from either organization.
  • cwpomeroy
    cwpomeroy Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sunday the 27th... Trying to setup and I can get "express connect" to work but I can't register the Quicken file on the Truist site. I keep getting a "Record not found for OlbNumber" error message.

YEARS they had to get this right. I've been a customer of Suntrust since they bought Crestar back in the 90's. I'm mad enough to take everything over to BOA. And Quicken, I'm mad at them enough to just forget about Quicken. They shifted to this subscription model and basic account setup doesn't work. Neither of these companies deserve my business at this point.
  • KennyDu
    KennyDu Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @cwpomeroy said:
    > Sunday the 27th... Trying to setup and I can get "express connect" to work but I can't register the Quicken file on the Truist site. I keep getting a "Record not found for OlbNumber" error message.
    >
    > YEARS they had to get this right. I've been a customer of Suntrust since they bought Crestar back in the 90's. I'm mad enough to take everything over to BOA. And Quicken, I'm mad at them enough to just forget about Quicken. They shifted to this subscription model and basic account setup doesn't work. Neither of these companies deserve my business at this point.

@cwpomeroy You may not have seen this earlier in the thread. I had the same problems you describe here. I worked on it for three-plus days, and FINALLY found this solution in another thread.

This information came from another thread and worked perfectly for me!

Keith has provided fantastic directions below. I had one snag. After step 10, I got an error message that said I must call Truist [888-228-6654] to have them register me for Direct Connect. I made the call, waiting on hold for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. The representative told me he could not help, but he would transfer me to the folks who would set me up. I asked for the number, but he said that was a private group and I could not call them directly. After 2 hours and 46 minutes on hold, the system hung up on me completely.

Magically, I just hit the try again button in Quicken and everything completed setup just as Keith says below. Somehow, the Truist team must have set me up, but did not bother to tell me on the phone...just hung up. Everything is now set up for DirectConnect.

Thanks @keithhays for these directions. They are spot on!

> @keithhays said:
    > 1. Download all transactions and balance your accounts
    > 2. Backup your file (just in case)
    > 3. On the Truist site, subscribe to Direct connect for Quicken in Profiles & Settings/preferences
    > 3.1 Don't try to confirm yet
    > 4. Deactivate one of your accounts to whichever institution you currently have that Truist bought
    > 5. Change the bank name on that account to BB&T
    > 6. Setup Online Banking for on the account searching for BB&T with your online Truist credentials
    > 7. Map all relevant accounts that pop up to your accounts
    > 8. Wait for quicken to finish doing its thing
    > 9. Go back to Edit account, it will say something like your institution has a better method, click that link
    > 10. Search for BB&T again, login again with your Truist Credentials

10(b). Insert Step -- you may have to call customer service to be registered

> 11. Map your accounts again.
    > 12 Now you have direct connect
    > 13. Back on the Truist site confirm the Registered Data File
    > 14. Complete
This discussion has been closed.