One Step Update Not Working (Windows) [Edited]

Options
1235»

Answers

• RainDan
    RainDan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do not believe I am using Sync. I keep the data file in a dropbox folder but I have been pausing dropbox to run it to see if that was causing any issues. BTW. Using Windows Version on Windows 10 Pro
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RainDan said:
    > I do not believe I am using Sync. I keep the data file in a dropbox folder but I have been pausing dropbox to run it to see if that was causing any issues. BTW. Using Windows Version on Windows 10 Pro

I went through that stuff of shutting off the backup with my first call to support. It did nothing.
    The second call did, among seemingly many other things, shut off Sync. That improved the OSU from >20 min to about 4-5 min. I still get the window going black 1-2 times while OSU updating and the CPU consumption goes to 10-14% while the update is proceeding (fan roaring and all). Support told me this was 'acceptable'.
    I am running Windows 11. I also hope they can do better than this.
  • RainDan
    RainDan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just had my first successful OSU in a week without hanging up the software. OSU with 5 banks in about 2 minutes or so. I think turning off the cloud sync was what really did it. Thanks for the tip on that. I also validated my file and turned off accounts being synced to investing.quicken.com which I do not use as well.
  • JoeBanana
    JoeBanana Member ✭✭
    Options
    A fresh file won't likely matter. I created a new "Test" file for my credit union accounts and and got the same CC-501 errors as my main data file. It stinks being a subscriber having to put up with a widely defective product with all the issues outlined in this forum.
  • Jmastrogiorgio
    Options
    @leishirsute - Thank you for the reply. That's what I did after my post on the 20th (which was deleted...my bad :# ). I went account by account (26 accounts) updating them individually and found Capital One was the OSU culprit. I came back to see if the issue was fixed. Anyway, Thanks for responding.
  • Jmastrogiorgio
    Jmastrogiorgio Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Just FYI, Capital One still does not update. And there does not appear to be any current information on the status of a fix.
  • JRQ
    JRQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Same here, no banks updating, still getting stuck in "waiting." [Removed - Rant]
  • RainDan
    RainDan Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @JRQ Try to turn off the cloud sync if it is on when you update. if you do not use the mobile app it will not bother you at all, but it really helped me. Edit-->Preferences-->Mobile & Web
    I also unchecked the update to investing.quicken.com since I do not use that either.
    I still get a error when syncing to my main bank US Bank, however, it is updating, so I am not sure why I get the error message.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just FYI, Capital One still does not update. And there does not appear to be any current information on the status of a fix.
    Hello @Jmastrogiorgio,

We are sorry for any difficulties caused by this issue. Thank you for continuing to check back in with us about these problems.

As a reference to all interested users, there is currently an Open Alert regarding Capital One. The discussion linked below can be followed for further updates:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/ongoing-3-1-22-capital-one-cc-901-501-502-or-prompt-to-re-authorize-accounts#latest

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Snapdragon
    Snapdragon Member
    Options
    Now it's happened to me. Everything was working great until R38.30 update after renewing membership. No posts since 2/18? I guess I'll restart and try again later.
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Snapdragon said:
    > Now it's happened to me. Everything was working great until R38.30 update after renewing membership. No posts since 2/18? I guess I'll restart and try again later.

The 'problem' has NOT been solved but it has been improved upon. Best I can tell, it started with update R38.29. Now on R38.30. Initially with the 'problem' OSU would either not complete or take longer than 20 minutes to complete. Similar time for Sync. That process was accompanied by the Quicken screen flashing, going black and the CPU fan roaring as memory consumption would jump to 15%.. (see earlier posts and note other programs on my computer were unaffected).

Initial contact with Quicken support indicated that the 'problem' was my back-up program. Disconnected back up programs and used a back up from a few weeks prior to the problem. The 'problem' was NOT affected or improved upon. Disappointing.

Subsequent contact with Quicken went through validation, using earlier back-ups, going through OSU of individual accounts and turning off Sync. The 'problem' was improved upon in terms of time spent for the OSU process. OSU and Sync improved to about 4-5 minutes and seemingly completed. Prior to this 'problem', OSU & Sync for my roughly 10 accounts would take under 1 minute. Quicken support indicated this new status was within acceptable limits.

Since those encounters mentioned above, there has been an update to version R38.30. The OSU and Sync process now typically take 4 minutes and seem to complete correctly. My membership renewal is in the fall so that factor would seem irrelevant. Notably, I do not have Capital One as an account which several of the earlier posts in this thread seem to attribute the 'problem'.

The 'problem' appears to have been coincident with the R38.29 update. If true, I certainly hope that whatever improvement that was contained in that update was worth this massive annoyance.
  • JRQ
    JRQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thanks @RainDan . I've double checked to be sure cloud sync (which I've never utilized) is off and it is. It is perplexing.

[Removed - Off Topic]
  • wnw64
    wnw64 Member
    Options
    I am having a similar issue with OneStep update. However, mine does complete, but most of my accounts are not updating at all (even though I know there is activity to pull down). When I try resetting my accounts, I get an ugly error on some accounts or its asking me to relink to accounts which are not the account in issue. this issue started about a week / week and half ago. I tried using some of my backed QDF files (that I know were fine) and they also have the same issue. It seems like a recent Quicken update in February screwed something up!!!
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Seemed like it was improving until this morning. Now back to taking forever to do OSU accompanied by lots of CPU demand as evidenced by roaring fan for about 8 minutes. And that was to download 10 transactions on one account. Quicken's carbon footprint has to be increasing exponentially at this rate.
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    More than 2 months into this since the February update. OSU still takes 4-8 minutes to complete as does SYNC. Closing an account in Quicken takes a similarly long time. Going between tabs I get spontaneous shutdowns with window stating a report is being made. And now this morning I had to reboot the program twice to get it to allow acceptance of downloaded transactions??? How much more inconvenient can Quicken get? I am running R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23 on Windows 11 but I feel like I am running version 1.0 on Windows 286.
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    SMH! Nobody likely following this thread but I will add to it anyway. :s
    All the thoroughly annoying problems listed in above posts above since the February 2022 update (and many updates since) seem to have markedly improved with yesterday's update.
    The wasted time on Quicken support calls (hours) that accomplished hardly anything other than deleting 'suspicious' transactions that subsequently messed up the content in long running accounts, the wasted time as Quicken spent 5-20 minutes per sync (went on for months) and per backup, the wasted time (hours) correcting scheduled transaction duplication errors....all lost without even a mention from Quicken. All that is beyond sad, it is extremely poor customer service.
    During the involved period of 3 months, I received email updates from Quicken on tips for investing, tips on finances and even an update on how Quicken was performing under the COVID circumstances. But NO update on how the correction of the February 2022 problems were being identified and addressed. Let me advise you Quicken of some realities: 1. We ALL had to endure the COVID fiasco. 2. Managing finances and investing DEMANDS good and reliable record keeping. That is THE job of Quicken. You fail at that job; your business fails as a multitude of businesses did with COVID. 3. Problems with a company's service will always happen from time to time. Customers realize that. However, it it the company's prime responsibility to address those problems DIRECTLY with the customers being served. That is the essence of customer service.
    Folks at Quicken, as a decades long user of your product I can now say your customer service has evolved to be lousy. The reliability of the Quicken product is now suspect to the point that I can no longer recommend it to others. Another severe abuse of my time by Quicken from a customer service standpoint and I am out.
  • JRQ
    JRQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    @d1_ I had mostly stopped following the thread too. I'll say that a couple of weeks ago I started noticing some improvements after deactivating and reactivating downloads for the affected accounts. I still receive some of the error messages now, but far less and usually they resolve with the next day's download. Overall, as a nearly 30-year user, I agree with your assessment. Right now all seems now to be working pretty well.
This discussion has been closed.