One Step Update Not Working (Windows) [Edited]

Options

Answers

• caldivergirl
    caldivergirl Member ✭✭
    Options
    Glad to hear this issue has been escalated. Frustrating. I think pre-release testing at Quicken is deficient.
  • jwhalenpa
    jwhalenpa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ditto
  • donaldmonahan
    Options
    Can't find a solution for one step update not working. Also, duplicate transactions when downloading LPL Financial transactions and orphaned transactions.
  • frojas
    frojas Member
    Options
    System froze while updating files and cannot even sop it or do anything with the program.
  • Ocean Explorer
    Options
    Same problem. Worked fine as recently as yesterday morning. Now, the update hangs.
  • qnami
    qnami Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue for me on Quicken R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29 - One Step Update worked OK until today when it starts its run but then it just hangs and takes big CPU % forcing me to close Quicken via the Task Manager on Win10. Please fix ASAP, this is a bad error and makes Quicken just about useless for me.
  • NCKM
    NCKM Member
    Options
    Same here - not updating. Very frustrating.
  • indiggio
    indiggio Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ditto...
    Can you get a new service provider to handle the transaction download or something.
    These ongoing problems are a royal pain to everyone and your credibility as a service is going down the toilet.
  • wornrambo
    wornrambo Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Joe9832 said:
    > My one step update does not complete. Hangs and will not finish.

me too
  • dwpaul
    dwpaul Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Also experiencing this problem (OSU never completes) today, after a successful One Step Update yesterday, and daily for many weeks. @Chris_QPW, a bandwidth problem is unlikely to affect so many Quicken users simultaneously and suddenly, unless the problem is in some infrastructure at Quicken's end. Yes, it could potentially be an internal or external network issue, but our relationship with with Quicken, which is why we are seeking information and support here.

Could I suggest that a Cancel button be added to the OSU dialog, and a check for it be added to the OSU code, so users have some way to terminate an OSU session without killing the entire Quicken process at the operating system level? I'm concerned about the potential for file damage as a result of killing the QW process in Windows Task Manager.

UPDATE: It appears that accounts that are set up for Direct Connect (in Edit account details/Online Services) can be updated individually, but OSU of accounts (or even one account) set up for Express Web Connect are the ones that are hanging, seemingly indefinitely.
  • wornrambo
    wornrambo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I feel like asking for my money back keeps lagging on updates & I figure it out. With all my account it stops when trying to update with Charles Schwab accounts
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    dwpaul said:
    Also experiencing this problem (OSU never completes) today, after a successful One Step Update yesterday, and daily for many weeks. @Chris_QPW, a bandwidth problem is unlikely to affect so many Quicken users simultaneously and suddenly, unless the problem is in some infrastructure at Quicken's end. Yes, it could potentially be an internal or external network issue, but our relationship with with Quicken, which is why we are seeking information and support here.
    I agree, I just posted that when I saw the original question, basically to point out that the problem would need to be "escalated".  As it turns out lots of people were posting all at the same time, so the response does look out of context when read with the others now.

It does look like Quicken Inc is on this problem see @Quicken Anja's post in this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20244348/#Comment_20244348

EDIT:  I just noticed that I left out a word in my other post that was in my head.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • joyceh
    joyceh Member
    Options
    Quicken support insists that it is a network security issue. I truly believe they are incorrect as my security software can find no problems.
  • eric_lieber
    Options
    I am having the same issue. It started this morning February 11, 2022
  • wornrambo
    wornrambo Member ✭✭
    Options
    click on one step update works well for Fidelity but when it goes to update charle Schwab it freezes. Bank & credit card update when I do indivualy. But try to (one step Update ) for all it freezes.
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue. Endless loop. I restored and old backup file and the issue remains.
  • Keith of G’town
    Options
    Quicken R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29 Windows 10 home will not complete One Step Update. The only way to exit it via Task Manager. I was able to update my checking accounts individually but not my Sam's MasterCard or Discover Card. After 2 hours of failed attempts, ending task and Restarts, I've given up
  • torresa06040
    Options
    OSU is completely hanging and the only way out is to kill the Quicken process. The OSU Progress window opens, and the progress rings for every account listed is spinning but that's as far as it goes. I have left it running for over an hour now with no change.
  • Patricia Reilley
    Options
    One Step Update hangs on "updating your data". Have to open Task Manager to kill Quicken. Version R38.29, Windows 10 professional.
  • ChadwickG
    Options
    Yup, same problem. A kill button for the upload function would be helpful.
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Options
    One step update not working....hanging. I have to got to task manager to to get out of Quicken.
  • cmd673
    cmd673 Member
    Options
    Hangs for me too. Worked yesterday.
  • cmd673
    cmd673 Member
    Options
    Fixed itself just after I posted that comment.
  • lindaparker
    Options
    I have not seen this before. Using R38V29 Windows 10 Home. Most of the accounts keep "updating" but never finish and I have to force close Quicken to stop. I have unsynced the mobile update tab in Preferences, but it did not help. Any ideas?
  • Jack Scripps
    Jack Scripps Member ✭✭
    Options
    The update just spins and spins. No connection or ability to download multiple accounts today (2/11/21)
  • StaticWater
    StaticWater Member ✭✭
    Options
    I let it try to One Step Update - went and got lunch. When I came back it said it failed and to retry. When I tried to retry - after about 5 minutes one of the bank's 2FA security feature request popped up and I was able to have it generate a txt message code. Then I had to wait another 3 mins for a window to pop up where I could enter the code. And then it failed again. My Amex accounts DID update, just not Schwab and BOA.
  • mazer1310
    mazer1310 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Count me in the avalanche of people having the same problem. Bank of America, Schwab, and Ally all freezing during update. Requires killing the qw.exe process from Task Manager. I restarted Quicken and checked my Web Sync setting (already disabled), then tried to update each account individually and each one froze, requiring killing the qw.exe process again. version R38.29 (build 27.1.38.29)
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Please post when a fix is in place. I realized this issue early and tried several times both with OSU and also updating each account individually. OSU freezes and individual accounts take forever before returning a Quicken Server error message.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Please post when a fix is in place. I realized this issue early and tried several times both with OSU and also updating each account individually. OSU freezes and individual accounts take forever before returning a Quicken Server error message.
    People that want to be notified when this has been fixed should bookmark this announcement:
    Updated 2/11/22 OSU General Sync error for Mac and CC-501 for Quicken Windows — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.