One Step Update Not Working (Windows) [Edited]

Answers

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Same here.
  • RickQuick
    RickQuick Member ✭✭
    Pretty outrageous that this problem still exists. Quicken worked fine for me on 2/12. Updated to R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30 this morning and BOOM.
    Frequently frustrated Quicken user since 1996
  • billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Issue is NOT resolved. Running Windows 10, v. R38.30, Build 27.1.38.30.
  • lbsunbum
    lbsunbum Member ✭✭
    For the last week, one step update has been freezing, not responding. My out is to either close Quicken or wait for it to respond. Waiting doesn't work, so upon closing and re-opening, viewing the one step update summary, any direct connect bank has been updated as well as Quicken cloud sync. When trying to update an express web connect bank individually, I get the same freeze, not responding.

I am running Windows 11, Quicken ver 38.30

Anyone else experiencing this? Is Quicken support aware?
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    LOL! Look at this! I made the original post on 2-7-2022 and this was posted 2 days ago in another string that started on 2-11-2022.

BTW, got news for ya, it ain't resolved yet despite an update. And this problem seems to have started after an earlier update.

Resolved 2/16/22 OSU General Sync error for Mac and CC-501 for Quicken Windows
    Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    February 11 edited February 16

We are aware that users are receiving a General Sync Error after performing One Step Update in Quicken for Mac. Users may experience a similar behavior for Windows but receive a CC-501 instead or it will take a while to complete the One Step Update.

Our product development team is working to resolve this issue. Meanwhile, we advise that you please try updating accounts at a later time.

Thank you!

(Ticket #9221545)
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Please add Elan Financial Services to the list of FI's having CC-501 problems.
    Had to kill the Quicken process twice to get out of hangs.
    Then restored from backup, validated,  and retried,  Finally, Capital One starting downloading, but Elan still gets CC-501 errors.

All the Direct Connect accounts seem to download without problems.  Only my Web Express accounts are having problems.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• John623
    John623 Member ✭✭
    The link you reference seems to be for another issue and it says the issue is resolved. I am still having a problem the my one step update takes up to an hour to complete.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report that the issue with One Step Update seems to have returned/continued.

We are looking further into this matter. However, in the meantime we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Please be aware that while the alert posted a few days ago describes the same or a similar issue, it is now considered a separate matter as it was resolved a few days ago. Anyone experiencing this issue after the alert was marked resolved will be considered a new issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime, and will follow up with an update once more information is available to share! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dpsa
    dpsa Member ✭✭
    Problems updating transactions for several days, Why does alert say solved when obviously it isn't. Quicken for Windows latest update.
  • Randy45
    Randy45 Member ✭✭
    This morning I received a cc-501 error on two accounts when doing one-step update. I really don't want to wait on-line or on the phone as suggested. Anyone else seeing the problem?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been seeing the same issue for the last 3 days but today seems to be the worst for me.  This is not a Direct Connect issue.  It is an Express Web Connect issue. 
    What I have noticed is that it is not a matter of Quicken actually freezing because Task Manager shows it is running (using CPU and Memory) and if I let it run long enough it will eventually complete...but it will sometimes take 20-30 minutes.  Unfortunately when it does complete most of the EWC financial institutions return CC-501 error code.
    My normal routine when getting CC-501 error codes during OSU is to do Update Now individually on the affected accounts and that has often resolved the issue.  But today Update Now doesn't seem to work...it starts the update process and completes in just 1-2 seconds with nothing downloaded or getting another CC-501 error code. 
    Something is amiss on the Quicken/Intuit servers.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• jcclarkin
    jcclarkin Member ✭✭
    Four accounts for me
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if all these frequent CC-501 errors are related to development being done for features described in this popup alert Quicken displayed for the first time last night.

• Boatnmaniac
    Tonight I ran OSU on 3 different data files.  All have EWC financial institutions.  OSUs completed properly for all financial institutions, both EWC and DC, and within more normal runtime parameters except for one EWC credit card which returned a CC-502 error code.  I did Update Now for that one credit card and it completed properly without unusual delay.
    Hopefully tomorrow will return similar results.

• d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Still taking around 5 minutes to complete OSU as of this morning even with Cloud Sync disabled. Alarmingly, when I spoke to Quicken support 4 days ago about this problem they also considered this 'runtime parameter' within more 'normal limits'. Previously, the entire process including Cloud Sync took under one minute.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  All EWC downloads worked in relatively short time for me this morning.  Fingers crossed.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2022
    OSU this morning for 3 data files...similar to the results from last night:
    • 1st file:  2 DC, 2 EWC...total runtime was 1 min, 5 sec.  No errors.
    • 2nd file:  1 DC, 3 EWC...total runtime was 1 min, 33 sec.  No errors.
    • 3rd file:  5 DC. 8 EWC...total runtime was 2 min. 17 sec.  1 CC-502 error (a different financial institution than the one I got this code on last night)...Update Now resolved the issue.
    DC FIs ran very quickly with each taking just a few seconds each.  EWC FIs caused the majority of the runtimes.  Total runtimes are what I would consider to be in the ballpark of "normal" but the 3rd file was at the upper end of that. 

It is frustrating that getting at least one CC-5XX error code each time I run OSU on these 3 files also seems to have become the norm. 

I set up my accounts with DC whenever the FI supports it (and when the FI does not charge me a monthly fee for DC) because of these runtime and CC-5XX error codes.  Too bad that more FIs don't support DC.

• JoeBanana
    JoeBanana Member ✭✭
    Still getting CC-501 errors after the update and it's been six week and counting since i had a clean One Step Update.
  • lbsunbum
    lbsunbum Member ✭✭
    This afternoon, the direct connect banks work flawlessly & quickly. The express web connect banks took a little longer but also was successful.
  • Jmastrogiorgio
    Jmastrogiorgio Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    This has been going on for weeks. One Step update just hangs. No error messages. No indication that it might be one of the financial institutions. Task Manager shows the software chewing up CPU. I just let it run for 2 hours. NOTHING! Beyond frustrating. How about a clue, folks?

[Removed-Disruptive]
  • Jmastrogiorgio
    Jmastrogiorgio Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    This has been going on for weeks. [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    This has been going on for weeks. One Step update just hangs. No error messages. No indication that it might be one of the financial institutions. Task Manager shows the software chewing up CPU. I just let it run for 2 hours. NOTHING! Beyond frustrating. How about a clue, folks?

[Removed-Disruptive]

Do any accounts show Complete during OSU?  If yes, then the remaining accounts are possible culprits.

If you haven't tried these steps, you may be able to discern if one of the accounts that doesn't Complete during OSU is suspect. Use a process of elimination, by going into the OSU setup and unchecking one of the possible accounts so that OSU skips its transaction download.  Then try OSU.  If it still hangs, uncheck another account and retry again.

Alternatively, you can select Update Transactions in each individual account to see which one(s) are failing.

• d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Amazing. > @leishirsute said:
    > Do any accounts show Complete during OSU?  If yes, then the remaining accounts are possible culprits.
    > If you haven't tried these steps, you may be able to discern if one of the accounts that doesn't Complete during OSU is suspect. Use a process of elimination, by going into the OSU setup and unchecking one of the possible accounts so that OSU skips its transaction download.  Then try OSU.  If it still hangs, uncheck another account and retry again.
    > Alternatively, you can select Update Transactions in each individual account to see which one(s) are failing.

Please refer to earlier posts. Those steps offered were tried without resolution.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dl_ "Please refer to earlier posts. Those steps offered were tried without resolution. "
    Out of curiosity, are you using Quicken Mobile? I do not use Quicken Mobile.

• LonPribble
    LonPribble Member ✭✭
    Me too. Bank accounts don't update during one step -- Have to "update" each one separately. Happy to see this escalated.
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Yes. Early on I also wondered if that was a factor since the Sync was experiencing the same severely prolonged process as OSU. Among the many manipulations that were carried out during my two encounters with Quicken support was to turn off Sync. The result of those manipulations (which one or all?) was improvement in OSU and Sync from >20 minute (sometimes never completing) processes to ~4 minute processes. Support said that was an acceptable time frame. Previously both tasks were accomplished under 1 minute.
    This morning, attempts to perform OSU were accompanied by a window that stated that 'Quicken servers are not available'. Also, for whatever reason, nearly every time I use it over the past 48 hours Quicken is asking me to sign into my account only to reject my credentials forcing me to reset them.
  • Jim7
    Jim7 Member ✭✭
    I was having the same problem Was taking over an hour to complete a One Step Update (OSU and was consistently hanging, forcing me to force-quit the app and see which downloads had successfully completed. When OSU did finish it would took over an hour, and finished with errors. I was able to figure out that a Capital One credit card account was the one causing OSU to hang. After I turned off the Capital One account in the OSU it's now very quick and finishes with no errors.

I'll plan to figure out something else to deal with Capital One transactions.
  • RainDan
    RainDan Member ✭✭
    I having the same issue for a week or more. Started off as processing without errors, but not updating the accounts. Then I started updated each account individually. Now it just hangs up the quicken program and eventually have to shut it down. Called Quicken support. First went through the mondo patch thing, then OSU. 1 bank completed then it got hung up. He told me to make a new data file and start fresh. That sounds like a lot of fun and losing historical data. I am hoping there is a fix before I go through the process of starting fresh.
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    > @RainDan said:
    > I having the same issue for a week or more. Started off as processing without errors, but not updating the accounts. Then I started updated each account individually. Now it just hangs up the quicken program and eventually have to shut it down. Called Quicken support. First went through the mondo patch thing, then OSU. 1 bank completed then it got hung up. He told me to make a new data file and start fresh. That sounds like a lot of fun and losing historical data. I am hoping there is a fix before I go through the process of starting fresh.

I would be reluctant to start fresh too as the problem sounds similar to what I am experiencing and that 'solution' was not suggested in either of two support calls.
    BTW, are you using Sync?
This discussion has been closed.