Increased requests for Login

My Quicken subscription is expiring on 3/11. I am used to the irritating message everytime I bring up Quicken but now I am prompted on a greatly increased occurance of having to enter my Q password as I update my 4 Quicken Files (I believe it is related to update). [Removed - Rant/Profanity/Solicitation]

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @davidgross4191,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in/Quicken ID password prompt may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• davidgross4191
    davidgross4191 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I did not have a problem logging in. The problem is about every 4 or 5 updates on various files I have to do it again and again.

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK ... Switching between Quicken data files may trigger the Quicken ID and password prompt because each data file may be associated with a different ID.
    Once the information for each file has been properly saved (somewhere in a config file, I believe), you shouldn't get prompted again until something changes.
    And that brings up this question:

Can you check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled?
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• davidgross4191
    davidgross4191 Member ✭✭
    I appreciate your actually looking at issue. Prior person was more interested in locking my account based on my frustration.

I have been doing for different files for a long time, all are on my quicken account, just different people without quicken profiles. I help my brother and sisters with their financial investments. Will look at defender suggestion, I do use defender. Now I am trying to get quicken renewed. The continued login seems to coincide with the prompts to renew 1 + months before I needed to.
    Put card in on day of expiration and it is not recognizing. Yet another issue. I am not happy that the only way I could renew was to leave my card in Quicken. I don't like that anywhere.
    Worst issue of course were the barage of issues with Schwab accounts and the bad suggestions to fix.

thanks. dg
This discussion has been closed.