Net worth report question

LeaningTower
LeaningTower Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Reports (Windows)
In the Net Worth report, is there an option to exclude accounts that have no balances and no activity during the date range selected?

Background: I created and saved a Net Worth report, with the date range set for the "Last 12 months." But sometimes I edit it to look at a longer period, up to 7-8 years. To get accurate reports for those longer periods, the report includes accounts that were closed years ago. Unfortunately, when I look at just the last 12 months (or even the last few years), the report includes more than a dozen lines with accounts that held zero funds for the entire reporting period.

I know my alternatives include, editing the accounts selected everytime I edit the date range or creating separate reports for different date ranges, but I'd like to have just one report that self-edits the display of accounts.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run a Current Budget report you can customize it to show Categories that are "Budgeted only", "Non-Zero actual/budgeted" or "Include all."  You'd think that something similar might be available for the Net Worth report, e.g., "Don't include $0 Accounts" (for the entire date range) but there's not.  Maybe post this as an Idea?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's posted as an idea I would vote for it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• LeaningTower
    LeaningTower Member ✭✭
    Ok, next question: How do you post an "idea"?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, next question: How do you post an "idea"?
    Just so you know for the future.  Go to the Home page and then select New Post -> New Idea.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • LeaningTower
    LeaningTower Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Chris--and everyone else who responded.
    If only Quicken had responded to the previous "suggestion" posted 4 years ago, I would suggest many additional enhancements. Unfortunately, it seems Quicken is is not really receptive to users' input.
This discussion has been closed.