Negative P&L expenses

The P&L shows some expenses as negative numbers skewing the totals. Cannot find out why. Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

We can't read your mind. Please provide more details and show us an example.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Beta1552
    Beta1552 Member
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Unhelpful]  Do not need the sarcasm. I can work around the fluke since only three of the expenses show as negative numbers. Just wanted to know if there was an easy fix or if I was doing something wrong. [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expenses should be negative amounts.  The positive one must be a refund or you entered the signs backwards on that split(s)?  When you make a split transaction like from a paycheck you need to double check if the amount is going the right way on the categories.  It's easy to get the signs reversed.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND inputting the amounts backwards is easy if you use the AMOUNTS column.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Beta1552
    Beta1552 Member
    edited March 2022
    All,

Discovered my error. I coded the reimbursable items as expenses on the invoice to client and again when I paid the expense listed on business credit card payment. This double listing resulted in the negative numbers. Changed the invoice coding and all is well. Thanks for your suggestions [Removed - Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.