Can't log into Bank Of America

JB_105
JB_105 Member ✭✭
I changed my password at Bank of America today and now can't get downloads from it. I checked the vault and read a note that passwords were not needed and it didn't let me enter the my new one.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @JB_105,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest disconnecting all of the Bank of America accounts and then reconnecting them using your new password. 

You can follow this link here for instructions on how to disconnect and reconnect your accounts. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    Thank-you. That worked.
    The reason I had changed my password to begin with was because about 30 minutes after updating BOA with Quicken this morning I received an alert from BOA stating "Your User ID was used to log in from a new computer,tablet or phone." That kind of scared me as I hadn't logged in except with Quicken so I went online, changed my password, and then checked the alert and it was for the exact same time I had updated the account using Quicken.
  • 56Kruiser
    56Kruiser Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. I tried what was suggested, but, it comes back with error that I am entering wrong credentials. However, I logged into my bank with the same credentials to be sure I had them right, and I do.

I called the bank and of course they say it is a Quicken issue.

Suggestions?
  • 56Kruiser
    56Kruiser Member ✭✭
    The first I saw of this problem was that it said I had wrong credentials while logging in. So I sent into the Password Vault, and it says no password needed, and will not let me enter a password.

So, I disconnected the accounts and tried to set them up again. That also fails saying my credentials must be wrong. Given that, I logged directly into the bank with same credentials, with no problem. So it would seem that Quicken may be modifying the credentials.

I did seeanother topic like this, and when they set it up again it worked for them. I tried to comment on that, but when I clicked to post, it just disappeared.

Any suggestions?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - what version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    2 - what exact name have you used in the Quicken Account - there are several BoA names listed
    3 - does you BoA password have any special chars - and how long is it

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    re: IF special characters, which?  Not the full password, just those special characters. 
    Some are allowed,  others aren't.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• 56Kruiser
    56Kruiser Member ✭✭
    I am on version R39.23, build 27.1.39.23, Windows version,

The password is 33 characters long, no special characters. It's a mix of upper and lower case letters, and numbers. To be sure it was seen, I CAN login to the bank from my browser.

The name is shorter, and has one special character, #. But it has been working for a long time with that name.
  • 56Kruiser
    56Kruiser Member ✭✭
    UPDATE - Got it working

I decided to change the password to a lot shorter one and give it a try, and it works. I'm not sure what the limit is, but the limit is on Quicken side, as it works fine for me to login online and my mobile app.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is possible that the bank also has [an undisclosed] limit and ignores anything above that, giving you the impression that it accepts 33 chars.  I don't know about BofA but I know of an entity that does this.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    56Kruiser said: UPDATE - Got it working
    I decided to change the password to a lot shorter one and give it a try, and it works.
    The bank can setup whatever they want on their own website.  They then tell Quicken what is good for the Quicken credentials.  Sometimes the bank may expand their own reqs, but fail to update their Quicken shared reqs... which now don't match.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.