Downloaded Memo Fields Incorrect

Flyboy333
Flyboy333 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
I meticulously enter each and every credit card transaction when they happen with category, tag, and memo info in the Quicken Mobile app. This is, for me, the best use of the mobile app. I rarely use the Desktop app except when I have to (for tax, reconciliation, etc), and sync every time I use it.

With Quicken Mobile, it seems the app would match manual entries against downloaded entries from the credit card companies. But Quicken's rules for merging them are very unpredictable, and produce incorrect entries. I am finding I've lost data, or even worse, the data is populated with older/incorrect info (especially in tag and memo), so I have to work many times harder to correct all the info. Some data is just lost and unrecoverable. Financial software should not be changing or destroying meticulously entered data.

I had used PocketMoney and PocketQuicken (for iPhone) and would download the transactions to Quicken Desktop for reconciliation. The process has worked fine for decades.

What's going on with this app? Am I not using it the way it's intended? How can I fix these entries, if fixable?

Comments

• Nils
    Nils Member ✭✭

I agree. The memos inserted by quicken on a specific card do not match the memos inserted when you itemize the categories. An example is a Paypal memo which includes the account to which Paypal is associated with but that bank account was never associated with Paypal. The when you view the itemized category list, it has a different card number. Who do you believe? I had to go back to Paypal to get the accurate data. If Quicken is not consistent even if in error then we users suffer with hours of tracking the data, which is the large purpose of Quicken: save time, track data accurately.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

It up to the financial institution what is put into the memo field of a downloaded transaction.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In the desktop application, downloaded memo information can be kept from overwriting what was manually entered in the Memo field:

The downloaded memo information can still be accessed if/when desired by adding the register column for Downloaded Memo. (Adding the Downloaded Memo column will by default also add the Downloaded Payee column.) When you are done viewing the Downloaded Memo/Payee you can then hide the column, again, by unchecking the boxes for them.:

I do not know how all of this might play into QWin Mobile (or Web) or if these features are even available with them because I do not use Mobile or Web. But it might be worth investigating to see if it helps at all. I'm thinking that if you are manually entering the transaction information in Mobile and then later syncing it with the desktop, when you later download into the desktop from your financial institutions your previously manually entered & synced information should be retained and not replaced.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.