Downloaded QFX files not loading into Quicken

lisangus
lisangus Unconfirmed, Member
When I logged into Quicken yesterday, it told me to download a new version of Quicken, which I did. But ever since, when I download my bank transactions, the QFX file arrives but when I click on it, nothing happens. No error code. It just doesn't load.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    So - you are manually downloading from your bank & Importing QFX into Quicken - WHICH bank ?
    Looking where you have that QFX file saved -
    if you open that folder and - VIEW DETAILS - what does it show for "file type" ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Right-click on a .QFX file, select Open with... and More apps, and check the Always use this App to open .QFX files box.   If Quicken does not appear in the list, select Look for another app on this PCnavigate to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Quicken folder, and select qw.exe.

• Does not resolv the problem
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Kevin or Joanne Allen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and that the previous instructions provided was unable to resolve this for you.

Other users in this thread here have reported being able to resolve the issue you described by uninstalling Quicken, turning off Anti-Virus, and then reinstalling. If needed, please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• This worked
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Kevin or Joanne Allen thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.