Chase - OL-393-A Errors [Edited]

Options

Answers

• greenperro
    greenperro Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @CaveCreek said:
    > This Chase account's download has been working forever. In fact, it worked perfectly yesterday.
    >
    > However, I did find this:
    >
    > Edit/Delete Account / Account Details / Online Services: under Online bill payment section: Chase Better Banking had Bank Bill Pay set to Yes. Since I never have used Bank Bill Pay from Quicken only from Chase website, I clicked on Deactivate.
    >
    > Online bill pay now shows No for Bank Bill Pay ( already showed No for Quicken Bill Manager ).
    >
    > Update now works without OL-393-A error. Go figure? Hopefully there will be no side effects.
    >
    > Will check again tomorrow.

Thank you! This was exactly the problem for me.
  • ricklynchcore
    ricklynchcore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, deactivating bill pay restored my direct download without error.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My alert is the same as everyone else but the accounts are actually still updating. Obviously that is not the case for some others reporting here...
  • swade
    swade Member
    Options
    I use Billpay through Chase so this is a real issue for me as well. It has been 2 days since it stopped working. Started in AM 5/9/22.
    Chase OL-393-A
    Quicken Deluxe R40.21
    Build: 27.1.40.21
  • Ron Hersch
    Ron Hersch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Unable to download transactions from CHASE. Receiving OL 293 error.
  • jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am getting the OL-393-A error. It started on either 5/8 or 5/9 and continues to today 5/10. However, I did still receive downloaded transactions today, and I was also able to send 2 payments directly from Quicken today using my direct connect connection with Chase. I then went to the Chase website and confirmed that the 2 payment instructions were received by Chase. So I'm not sure why I'm getting the error message and/or what may not be working.
  • setldown
    setldown Member
    Options
    @CaveCreek
    "Edit/Delete Account / Account Details / Online Services: under Online bill payment section:' Chase Better Banking had Bank Bill Pay set to Yes. Since I never have used Bank Bill Pay from Quicken only from Chase website, I clicked on Deactivate."

Thank you! This was exactly the problem for me too.
  • krishnawinfrey
    krishnawinfrey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Deactivating Billpay also resolved the update error for me.
  • Lewis Bernstein
    Lewis Bernstein Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have not been able to download transactions from Chase Bank for two days now. I have reported the problem each time and I have followed all of your prior suggestions including Validating and Super validating without success.
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Deactivating Billpay did NOT resolve the update error for me
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Receiving same error on May 9th and May 10th. Funny thing about the error is I'm still downloading transactions and the balance figures in Quicken match Chase online. For me it is like a fake error message but 2nd day in a row that I've received it. Someone said to Report the Problem so I will. 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding OL-393-A Errors with Chase. You may follow this link to bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We do apologize for the inconvenience this causes and we appreciate your support and patience. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rons9083
    rons9083 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue started AM 5/10/2022. Bill pay was activated on checking account and has been working for years. Performed "Reset Account" and no help. Performed "Deactivate" account and then "Activate" account. Nothing cleared error. Performed "Deactivate Bill Pay" and account will now update.
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I have the same problem. "Chase: OL-393-A Error".  worked fine two days ago.  Frustrating having to contend with Quicken problems almost daily.
  • kcsquic
    kcsquic Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I began getting the error on May 9th. I had installed V40.21 on the 6th. I notice that transactions are downloading even though the error always occurs. I have been using this account with its current settings for many years. I have not yet tried to make a payment since the error began and therefore do not know if that also works.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. "Chase: OL-393-A Error".  worked fine two days ago.  Frustrating having to contend with Quicken problems almost daily.
    One should be aware of the fact, given that this is Direct Connect, it is almost 100% guaranteed to be on the Chase side, and not a Quicken problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I noticed the same thing. This morning, 05/10/2022, I did an OSU and while Chase still gives me an OL-393-A error message it did download 2 transactions into my Chase checking account. I also tried using online bill pay to pay a bill and although I still get the OL-393-A error message it did successfully process the online bill payment and it does show up in my Chase account.
  • DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same OL-393-A issue. Started 5/9 for me. Reported to Quicken this morning and sent log files.

Two odd aspects of this for me: 1)Chase accounts downloading under wife's user id (her credit cards only) are working fine while the Chase accounts downloading under my user id (bank accounts and my credit cards) are showing this error. 2)Even though I got this error, Quicken still shows correct online balance as of 5/10 and still downloaded 5/9 posted transactions.

From Quicken Jasmine's comment, it appears Quicken knows the issue and is working on it.
  • Lewis Bernstein
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I have been unable to download transactions from my Chase bank Accounts for two days. I have validated my file twice. I have reported the problem to Quicken four or five times.
    The problem has not been resolved as of yet nor have I received any response from Quicken. Quicken must realize that we pay for and rely on their services and should take these matters seriously!
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe my Chase accounts are updated. However, after completing the update procedure Quicken returns the 393 error message, but the accounts have been updated correctly.  It is disconcerting that an error message appears.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe my Chase accounts are updated. However, after completing the update procedure Quicken returns the 393 error message, but the accounts have been updated correctly.  It is disconcerting that an error message appears.

If you don't use the Chase Bill Pay through Quicken, turn it off on the Account Details -> Online Services tab and the error should go away.

See this announcement where Quicken Inc is tracking the problem.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913242/updated-5-10-2022-chase-ol-393-a
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DetroitRick The reason it is behaving that way is because the problem is with the Chase Bill Pay.  Since your wife's id only has credit cards in it there are no "payment accounts" and as such there will be no errors.

The problem is in fact on the Chase side, the announcement is just to give more information about it and to track it.  Be sure to look at that announcement which now has more details.
    Signature:
  • Lewis Bernstein
    edited May 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Disruptive]  The error is OL-393-A
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have already reported this to you five times! The error is OL-393-A
    The moderators of the Quicken forum don't get those reports, they are sent to the development team.

As for the problem, see this announcement:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913242/updated-5-10-2022-chase-ol-393-a
    Signature:
  • rjklug50
    rjklug50 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also noted that some accounts did download, even though I had the error. I followed CaveCreek's (thank you, by the way) advice and the system is working now - but I still feel Quicken has to fix this issue. I have had this for many years and only yesterday did I see the OL-393A error.
  • MarcStone
    MarcStone Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm receiving OL-393-A errors when I try to update at via Quicken. Oddly enough I seem to be receiving items cleared in my accounts but I receive the error too.

I use Windows 8.1 64bit & Quicken Standard Edition Version R40.21 Build 21.7.40.21 via the internet. Ideas, thoughts? :#
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi @MarcStone,

I am sorry for the trouble you are having with this error message and for reaching out to Community. We do have an alert open for this issue that you can view here with some troubleshooting steps. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please let me know so I can look into this further. Thank you! 

Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Lewis Bernstein
    Options
    This is the fourth day that I am reporting this Outage. Chase Bank is one of the largest Financial institutions in the World and I find it extremely inconvenient and worrisome that Quicken allows this situation goes on so long!
  • bobandsherry82
    bobandsherry82 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello All, 
    >
    > We do now have a New Active Alert regarding OL-393-A Errors with Chase. You may follow this link to bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.
    >
    > We do apologize for the inconvenience this causes and we appreciate your support and patience. 

That link mentions "Bill Pay". I do not use Bill Pay for Chase (or any financial institution). Is there a link that does not reference Bill Pay as I am continuing to have problems downloading Chase transactions.
  • bobandsherry82
    bobandsherry82 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > If you don't use the Chase Bill Pay through Quicken, turn it off on the Account Details -> Online Services tab and the error should go away.
    >
    > See this announcement where Quicken Inc is tracking the problem.
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913242/updated-5-10-2022-chase-ol-393-a

Interesting, I have NEVER used the BILL PAY for any of the financial institutions, including Chase. But thanks to your message I went and checked that and sure enough it was turned on. Now I DIDN'T DO THAT, so what did? Thanks for posting your suggestion, I'm now back in business downloading from Chase - at least for today anyway. Always enlightening to find support from users exceeds that of the paid support staff :)
This discussion has been closed.