Downloaded short SBUX call, Quicken suggests CSX, Quicken Crashes

lhaehn
lhaehn Member ✭✭
Quicken always crashes after downloading transaction of a short SBUX call that Quicken suggests be matched against CSX stock. Selecting No, accepting transaction, clicking Done. Quicken crashes.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, more details, please.
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.

• lhaehn
    lhaehn Member ✭✭
    AS REQUESTED BY SUPER USER URK: Quicken Premier V: R40.21 B: 27.1.40.21 Windows 10 Enterprise Membership valid until June 16, 2022. US version.
    BTW: the facility 'Report A Problem to Quicken' under Help always fails if an additional file is included. ALWAYS. See attached screen shot.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you are not creating the short position in Quicken at the time of the transaction but are instead waiting for the download to create the transaction in the transaction list?  If that's the case, then I'd try manually entering the ShtSell transaction and giving the position a name, e.g. Call Starbucks $75 Exp May 20, and trying to match the subsequent download against that?
    I'm kind of guessing that Quicken is choking on that long involved name, with all kinds of special characters that might be read as commands of some sort?