Credit Score Showing Incorrect Figures Under Credit Card Debt

cwilson59
cwilson59 Member
I looked at my credit score report in Quicken noticed an enormous figure under credit card debt, including over 70% usage. I have neither applied for nor used the amount of revolving credit indicated. Concerned about fraud, I reached out to Equifax (where I understand Quicken gets its data) to see where this was coming from. After an examination of my report with their representative, it appears the Quicken report is lumping Equifax's revolving, mortgage, installment, and other debt all under Credit Card Usage resulting in a "you may be spending too much on your credit cards" warning (I use a small fraction of my revolving credit limit and pay it off every month). Only revolving debt should be included under credit card usage.

I am in the midst of a background check for a new job, and this just about gave me a heart attack when I saw it. Fortunately, it appears to be a case of wrong-number-in-the-wrong-spot and my actual Equifax report looks fine. FYI for other users, and a heads-up to the Quicken team.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @cwilson59,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been confirmed internally as a bug and has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-3794)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hello @cwilson59

Our internal systems now show this issue as being resolved. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

Thank you!
    (CTP-3794)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NabrLdy
    NabrLdy Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue today upon updating my credit score. I reported it to Quicken today as the message above states it was fixed on the 8th which is not correct.
  • twoltkamp55
    twoltkamp55 Member ✭✭
    I also have this same issue. I also reported it to Quicken Support, but have not received an update on a resolution.
  • I checked my credit score today on my Quicken subscription for Windows and I have the same issue.
This discussion has been closed.