Citbank duplicate downloaded transactions before and after tip

Options
lzaback
lzaback Member
All of the downloaded restaurant charges to my Citi AAdvantage card in the last month are duplicated--one with the amount before tip and one after tip. My account online is fine and shows only one charge with the after-tip amount. I have not seen this with other credit cards, so this seems to be a problem with the Citi downloads to Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Izaback,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I recommend creating a new (test) file and try adding the account brand new to see if you receive the same result in the test file. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    This clearly seems to be a problem at the Citi end, and I suggest you contact their tech support. Quicken downloads whatever transactions Citi provides. In the case of a pre-tip amount, that's an authorization transaction — and authorizations should never be transmitted to Quicken, only posted transactions. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.