Citibank Citi Cards CC Download Error FDP-192

Subrunner7
Subrunner7 Member ✭✭
Suddenly unable to download transactions from Citi Credit Card. Error reads: UNSUPPORTED_MFA_PROTOCOL:FDP-192:Unsupported must-factor authentication protocol. No changes were made to login credentials to Citi account via web nor the Quicken App. Last successful download was 5/19/2022. Exported statement from Citi account and attempted to import to Quicken. Quicken attempted to create new account. Existing Citi account was not listed in dropdown to link account.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry that you are being affected by these issues with account connections. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

I would like to draw your attention to the following Open Alerts - linked here, and here - regarding CitiBank and connectivity errors of the kind that are being described in this discussion. You may follow those links for any additional details or available updates.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Trinigreg
    Trinigreg Member
    This month I updated to Quicken Mac version 6.7.1 and since then all of my Citibank accounts I cannot download anymore. Becoming extremely frustrated because it has been the last couple of upgrades something stops working. Is there a problem with QA? Why am I paying for a subscription to have the latest upgrades when those upgrades don't work.
  • Subrunner7
    Subrunner7 Member ✭✭
    I too experienced this issue when updating to Quicken Mac 6.7.1.
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    me too
  • Eisenberg
    Eisenberg Member
    I have been experiencing the same issue. It is intermittent. Sometimes it connects to both my Citi accounts, sometimes only 1, many times neither. It either indicates the Citi site might be down (though I'm logged into it on my phone so I know that is incorrect); other times it suggests I go to a specific Citi site which does not help. This seems to be a major ongoing issue with Quicken and it is a significant failure of customer support. Please advise. I am using Version 6.7.1 (Build 607.44146.100)
  • BBocks
    BBocks Member
    I am getting this error when connecting to my Citi credit card. Nothing has changed on my end, except I did do the recent update. Quicken is making me type in my Citi login information again, but then it comes up saying the Citi website may be down. I try again and again with no luck. Is there a known issue with CitiCards right now?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frustrated Q user
    Frustrated Q user Member
    edited May 2022
    Since this seems to be an ongoing unresolved problem [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    Getting Download Error (-28) Timeout 102mfor all my Citibank accounts.  PLEASE HELP
  • aslot123
    aslot123 Member ✭✭
    I too am having this issue. Is there an ETA for resolution?
  • GoodOlDan
    GoodOlDan Member ✭✭
    When "one-step updates" began failing, I "disconnected" my Citibank (Costco) credit card account for online updates and when I tried to reconnect the account I'm getting the "CC-592" error. Login credentials are correct (unchanged, working on the Citibank website). I called Citibank support and they say it's a Quicken issue.
  • Dave H
    Dave H Member ✭✭✭
    This exact issue that was nicely described by Subrunner7 started for me on 5/19/22 also. Everything else works fine, except my Citi Bank credit card downloads.
  • Subrunner7
    Subrunner7 Member ✭✭
    I temporarily removed 2 factor authorization from my Citi account. Quicken was able to connect and download an update. This appears to be an issue with how Quicken manages 2FA w/Citi. Other accounts I have with 2FA have been working w/o issue through the latest Quicken updates.
  • thomp
    thomp Member
    I am having the same problems with Citi Bank transactions. Please advise on how to resolve. Thank you
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry that you are being affected by these issues with account connections. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

I would like to draw your attention to the following Open Alerts - linked here, and here - regarding CitiBank and connectivity errors of the kind that are being described in this discussion. You may follow those links for any additional details or available updates.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    Just to be specific, my issues are with downloading all my Citibank accounts, NOT Citicard credit account.  This entire week.
  • Dave H
    Dave H Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    > @Subrunner7 said:
    > I temporarily removed 2 factor authorization from my Citi account. Quicken was able to connect and download an update. This appears to be an issue with how Quicken manages 2FA w/Citi. Other accounts I have with 2FA have been working w/o issue through the latest Quicken updates.

This worked for me. After I downloaded my Citi transactions with Citi 2 factor OFF, I went ahead and turned Citi 2 factor back ON and now the Citi downloads seem to continue to work in Quicken. Thanks.

Well, just an update, it no longer worked... I would get the follow error dialog... (see attached). After I once again turned off 2 factor authentication, I can down load transactions.
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    I also removed 2FA from Citibank because the original message had MFA in it.  I still cannot download transactions from Citibank to Quicken for Mac (all week).  Please fix ASAP!
  • Subrunner7
    Subrunner7 Member ✭✭
    When I re-enabled 2FA I was not able to sync my Citi account with Quicken. I’ve disabled 2FA, synced, then re-enabled two consecutive days with same outcome: after re-enabling 2FA sync fails.
  • GoodOlDan
    GoodOlDan Member ✭✭
    > @GoodOlDan said:
    > When "one-step updates" began failing, I "disconnected" my Citibank (Costco) credit card account for online updates and when I tried to reconnect the account I'm getting the "CC-592" error. Login credentials are correct (unchanged, working on the Citibank website). I called Citibank support and they say it's a Quicken issue.

Based on another post here, I disabled 2FA on the Citibank website and was then able to connect my Citi account in Quicken. Appears to be a failure in the way Quicken processes 2FA for one-step update on Cite. Worked fine with 2FA until a week or so ago.
  • LevRH
    LevRH Member
    "UNSUPPORTED_MFA_PROTOCOL:FDP-192:Unsupported must-factor authentication protocol." Me too, for more than a week already. As this is a subscription-based service, once the problem is resolved Quicken should offer a credit based on a pro-rated month for days the system was down.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    LevRH said:
    As this is a subscription-based service, once the problem is resolved Quicken should offer a credit based on a pro-rated month for days the system was down.
    @LevRH I understand your thinking, but this has never happened, and probably never will.

Why? Primarily because it would make Quicken responsible for things out of its control. If a financial institution changes its login protocols, then Intuit (Quicken's provider for connectivity services) has to make changes. If the financial institution has notified Intuit of the change sufficiently in advance, and has given them accurate information or a site for testing, then such changes may be make seamlessly, or within a day or two. More often, financial institutions make changes first, and then notify Intuit. Or, quite often, don't notify Intuit at all — leaving it to Quicken users to notify Quicken, who in turns escalates the issue to Intuit to put it on their schedule to resolve. If Quicken were to accept financial responsibility for such outages, they would be paying out money every day, because with more than 10,000 financial institutions, some are out of service every single day. It's the nature of the unwieldy beast of the financial services industry. If Quicken had to accept financial responsibility for every financial institution which disrupts Quicken's ability to log in, Quicken would have to charge a heck of a lot more for their service, or support many fewer financial institutions; users would not be happy with either of those alternatives. 

Also, think about just the practical part of paying out a credit for a financial institution being offline. Let's say that a user pays Quicken $50 (to use round numbers) for an annual subscription. How much credit is an outage worth? Well, that depends how many financial institutions every user connects to, so let's just assume an average of 5 financial institutions per user. If one financial institution is offline for a week, then $50 ÷ 5 institutions ÷ 52 weeks = 19¢. And that's assuming the entire cost of the subscription is allocated to connectivity; in reality, a subscription payment covers new features and bug fixes, plus phone and chat support. So maybe connectivity is one third of the cost of a subscription. So now the 19¢ is more like 6¢. Can you imagine the cost and complexity to calculate and apply account credits for every user for every financial institution which goes offline? (Remember that with more than 10,000 financial institutions, some are broken every day of the year.) Does a user get more credit if they have multiple accounts at one financial institution? What if it's a three day outage and a user never logs on during those three days; do they get a credit even though they were never inconvenienced? It would be a logistical nightmare to implement.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Suzanne108
    Suzanne108 Member ✭✭
    Having same issue as OP.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Suzanne108 Please note that Citibank issues have been acknowledged by Quicken higher up on this thread. You should follow the links to those Alerts so you'll be aware if they post any update. (Unfortunately, there's usually no news on progress or ETA, until one day things are suddenly fixed.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • j-castiglia
    j-castiglia Member ✭✭
    Under Citi "Manage Desktop Apps", removed access to clear current Quicken access and then selected "Add Access" to start again. In Quicken I set up connection again with "Citi Cards", direct connection. Both of my Citi card accounts were found and transactions downloaded. My Citi checking and saving can not be accessed from Citi cards. Also can not connect Checking and Savings using Citibank.
  • curious-person
    curious-person Member ✭✭
    @j-castiglia. Thanks for the post but can the instructions be more clear? For instance "Under Citi" - this is in what app - citi.com or citi mobile app or desktop quicken? BTW - tried searching but was not successful in any of these choices.
  • Suzanne108
    Suzanne108 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    This worked for me for Citi Cards: (I'm on Quicken Mac)

1. Click on your Citi Card account in the left margin of Quicken
    2. Select Accounts at the top of the page > Settings > Downloads > Reset Connection
    3. Citi Cards was already selected; if it is not, select it
    4. Select Continue > Direct Connect > Enter Login Credentials
    5. I believe it was at this point that I got a message that said that Citi was "upgrading the experience", or something like that, and it gave a website to reset the connection
    6. I copied the website and pasted it into my browser tab
    7. It took me to a Citi login page where I logged in
    8. You then have 10 minutes (I think) to go through the process at Quicken to re-establish the connection

I hope that helps.

Still need a solution for my Citi Checking and Savings accounts.
  • curious-person
    curious-person Member ✭✭
    @Suzanne108 Thanks for the advice and clear step-by-step. Unfortunately the 'reset connection' under Downloads was not displayed as an option. What options were presented led to a repeat of the original 'MFA' problem. Thanks though.
  • Suzanne108
    Suzanne108 Member ✭✭
    Oddly... When I went through the process that I described above for the Citi Cards, some transactions downloaded.

When I later updated all accounts, and just now, I got the first attached error popup. But when I downloaded just the Citi Cards (one at a time, I have two, and not other accounts), while there were no more transactions downloaded, the Account Status showed a successful update for each card.

I got the second MFA error message when, just for kicks, I tried to update my Citi Checking Account.

Ugh.
  • j-castiglia
    j-castiglia Member ✭✭
    Clarification per "curious-person" request:
    1. Logged into my account at citi.com and I am able to view my checking, savings and multiple credit card accounts.
    2. In browser Select Profile -> More Settings
    3. Then, select "Manage Desktop Apps"
    4. If you currently have allowed Quicken access, then select to remove it
    5. Select "Add Access". You will have 10 minutes to reconnect to your Citi accounts in Quicken.
    6. In Quicken I set up connection again with "Citi Cards", direct connection. Both of my Citi card accounts were found and transactions downloaded.

Resolved: Citi cards are working
    Remaining Issue: My Citi checking and saving can not be accessed from Citi cards. Also can not connect Checking and Savings using Citibank as financial institution.
  • jeffsterlaw
    jeffsterlaw Member
    This fixed the issue for me. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.