My Split transactions are getting duplicated

Aaron4738
Aaron4738 Member ✭✭
Help please: For example, I enter my paycheck as a split transaction. It all appears perfectly when entered. The next time I log in, though, Quicken has duplicated all of the transactions and created an offsetting uncategorized transaction. Paycheck is an example, but it happens on all my split transactions entered from the reminders. I'm running Quicken Premier on Windows.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Aaron4738,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

If you haven't already, I suggest that you restore a backup that was saved prior to this issue occurring and turn off mobile sync to see if that may help prevent the issue from reoccurring. 

Once you've restored the backup, please follow the instructions provided below.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Turn Sync OFF. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Aaron4738
    Aaron4738 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion, but that isn't feasible. The problem has been happening for a couple months and I've been fixing it manually. It isn't feasible to restore a backup from 3 months ago. In addition, why would I want to turn mobile sync off? I use that app to enter transaction regularly. Surely there must be a better way.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Aaron4738,

In that case then next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Aaron4738
    Aaron4738 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Let's see what happens. I don't have a split transaction to enter until the 10th of June, so we will see what happens. I will post back then.
  • Aaron4738
    Aaron4738 Member ✭✭
    I guess sometimes the simplest solutions are best. I deleted all my reminders that had splits, and set up new reminders. I tried that with a split transaction yesterday. It didn't get duplicated. It cleared today, and that didn't duplicate the transactions. All seems well. Beats messing around with new files and copies.
This discussion has been closed.